31

Camilla

"Has he been acting this way the whole time?" I asked Lewis, sinking my teeth into a burger.

"Pretty much. He'll be angry one minute, then fine the next. When he gets frustrated he usually goes and throws a few punches at the boxing bag in the spare room. Don't dare to mention the drugs he's using, he'll be ready to kill a man," Lewis laughed to himself, although it didn't make me laugh. I sat in silence, trying mentally to put myself in Justin's shoes. I wanted to help him, even if he's being arrogant. I'm not scared of him and his ways, I know on the outside he tries his best to stay stable, but everything on the inside is upside down. He was in a bad way when I first got here, but it wasn't nearly as bad as what the boys have told me about the last couple of weeks.

"He'll be fine. This isn't the first time shit like this has happened, we've known him for a long time," Brandon spoke up after wiping at the sides of his mouth, "I'm thankful you came back at the time you did." He softly smiled.

After finishing our food we all changed into our swimsuits and made ourselves comfortable around the pool, taking advantage of the warm afternoon air. Za and Lewis bomb dived in, splashing water all over the pavement around the pool. I threw my hands up trying to cover my dry body, obviously not shielding anything at all.

"Just get in already!" Za shouted, reaching his hands up to mine to try pull me in.

"No way, no way! I know it's a hot day but the water is still cold," I flinched my arms away from him, bouncing towards the stairs that lead down from the shallow end to the deep. A pair of hands took me by the waist, forcing my body forward from the edge of the pool into the middle of it.

"Brandon, you asshole," I gasped for air as I made it to the surface, immediately splashing water in his direction. He playfully chuckled splashing me back, before attempting to dunk Za under the water.

Za shouted some profanities at Brandon as they began to wrestle in the deep end, Lewis and I laughing at every moment they had eachother in a head lock. I feel like since Justin's been off, so have the boys. It's nice to see them laughing and having fun (without drugs or alcohol).

After paddling around in the pool for a good twenty minutes, I sat myself on the edge as I watched the boys race from one side of the pool to the other, taking in the UV rays and hoping that they'd make me tan.

For the rest of the afternoon we all hung around outside, but no word or sign from Justin. I was starting to worry about him with whatever he was doing, but as long as he was okay so was I. I texted him probably three times from each of the guys' phones, even after two or three hours he didn't reply.

After waiting around aimlessly I decided to go get dressed, so I put on a pair of shorts and a shirt- something acceptable and comfy. By this time the boys had started drinking so they gathered around on the porch with their music on full blast, probably all of Calabasas could make out each word clearly.

I made my way back down to join them, but the meeting room caught my eye as the door was open a crack. Usually it was never open, unless someone was in there.

I lightly pushed open the door, entering the tidy room to find everything in it's order and no one to be seen. I walked along side the cabinets, knowing that Justin usually didn't let anyone open them except himself. I ran my finger tips along the handle, lightly pulling it open, it squeaked on the rollers, only to display mutliple bags filled with powders and pills of all sorts of colours. I wasn't completely sure of what those pills were, but you could tell someone was hooking into the cocaine as there was a sparing amount that remained in the cabinet. A light sigh escaped my lips, but a heavier one echoed from behind me sending me through the roof in shock.