4

(A/N: Just a visual of the 'straights' they will be racing.)

Camilla

I didn't sleep. I couldn't. My mind was running wild, with every situation that could happen. It's not that I'm scared to race him, I just don't know what to expect.

I've raced many men in my short time, but they weren't well known racers.

Kaos is currently the most popular racing squad, which means everyone's probably going to be there tonight.

Throughout the night I spent my time scrolling through social media. If i wasn't going to be able to sleep, I wanted to keep my mind busy.

Rumor has it that the Brotherhood will be there, which I would prefer to stay very far away from them.

They were the boys that started this whole game, and they make the rules. They're in their late 30's and 40's now, so they don't race anymore. They usually just attend the big parties and the occasional races, but their job is to keep the street game under control.

After the first week when I moved here, a man was killed by the leader of the Brotherhood, Clayton Williams, because he was messing with the opponents cars before the races. They don't hesitate to make the streets clean of the rule breakers.

They still haven't even considered to let women race, even after so long, and it makes me mad. I've heard of women who have wanted to race, but are too scared to do anything about it. What I'm doing about it, is probably not the best idea.

But I'm out here to prove these men wrong.

I picked up my restless body, scanning the screen of my phone which displayed the time of 6am feeling the warmth of the morning sun peak through the slits of my curtains.

I threw on one of my big hoodies, making my way to the front door where I sat down on the cement stairs of my home.

I pulled out a cigarette box from the hood pocket, bringing a white stick to my lips. I lit the end filling my lungs with the smoke. As I breathed out, I felt a sense of calmness take over my body.

(A/N: the Australian smoking age is 18 so I'm just going to go with that.)

I observed the morning life of the neighborhood, watching as multiple people left for work. As people passed, they held their hand out the window waving in my direction which brought a smile to my face.

The liveliness of the neighborhood around me calmed me down, so I put out my half-smoked cigarette, twisting it into the cold cement beneath me.

After embracing the fresh air I pull myself up from the ground, leading back inside to my bedroom, fitting perfectly under the thick blanket. My eyes fell heavy, as sleep finally took over my body.

Justin

All morning I've been busy working on my car, getting ready for the race later tonight. I mean, there wasn't much more to upgrade, just a little polishing will do her good. 

The guys have been organizing some celebratory thing for afterwards as well, but they won't tell me anything about it.

Throwing a rag covered in polish to the side, I bounced into the driver seat, turning the ignition. I rev the car hard a few times to hear for any rattles in the engine. No unusual sounds occurred, so I shut off the engine. A slam startled me, snapping my head backwards to see Za cringing at his actions.