28

Camilla

I woke up to the sun burning my eyelids through the rips in my curtains. I pulled myself out from my creaky single bed and got ready for the morning. I found another dress that wasn't too bad- a navy blue flowy dress that met with my thighs. I let my hair out because I didn't really care at this time of the morning. It was around nine thirty when I made my way down stairs to find Mum in the kitchen, her hands wrapped around a large mug.

"Morning Sweetheart," her tired voice spoke as she sipped  at the coffee in her mug. I went straight for the fridge in search for food.

"Dad's gone to work but he'll be back at six," Mum spoke softly in my direction, but kept her focus on her beverage. I sat down beside her after finding an apple. I took a huge chunck out from the apple, the sweet, refreshing taste instantly waking me up.

"What are you going to do today?" Mum asked curiously.

"I think I'm actually gonna go see my boys, you know, if they're still around." I merely laughed, visualising them all still living at home.

"Trust me, they are still there. I always hear them a couple of blocks away racing in the streets." she sighed, looking at me slightly disappointed, "Do you have to go see them?"

"They are still my friends, Mum. I'll only go visit, I won't be there for long." I reassured, finishing off my breakfast as I headed towards the front door.

"I'll see you later then?"

"Sure, Mum. Bye." I waved her off as I stepped out the front door, making my way down the path to one of the many boys' house. We all lived pretty close together so it wasn't necessary to take the car.

I was wearing my Timberlands, which I must admit look horrible with this dress, but I had no other shoes. I walked along the empty pathway for around ten minutes until I walked up to a large, familiar house.

I quietly stepped towards the garage, already hearing faint rap music pour out from the inside. I softly knocked on the garage door, loud enough for them to hear.

I waited a few seconds and tried a second time, finally getting someones attention.

I heard footsteps slap against the concrete floor coming in my direction, "Mum, what did I already tell you? We're not hu- Camilla?!"

"Hey Ethan." I smiled as he scooped me up in a hug. After putting me down on my two feet he stared down at my outfit, confusion and disgust lingering in his emotion, "Why the fuck are you wearing that? Los Angeles did change you," he joked and I lightly punched him in the shoulder.

"I didn't bring any clothes with me; an unexpected visit I guess," I lightly sighed but he snapped me out of my thoughts by pulling me into his garage.

The familiar scent of alcohol and car oil filled my nose as I stepped into the stuffy room, couches and car parts were scattered all over the place- and everything was still the same.

There were some boys I didn't recognise, but the few that knew me came straight for a hug.

"Hey George... Levi... Evan," They all individually gave me hugs and had bright smiles on their faces.

"Jaden told us you hung out with him, Camilla I wish I could of come with you," Evan let out a sigh and swung on his heels.