Ten years

My eyes flung open and I gasped for air. There was a bright white light right above me which made it difficult to see, I sat up and realized I was in a hospital.

No one was in the room, but I was sure someone would come soon.
I tried to speak, but nothing came out except for a coughing fit.

As I was coughing a man came in, I think he was a nurse.

"Thank the lord you're awake." He said, but I was still coughing.
Once the coughs quit, I tried to speak again.

"What?" I asked in a raspy voice, I didn't remember what had happened yet, and wasn't sure where I was.

"You've been out for two months, we've been worried. But I'm glad you're awake now, so is your dad. He can see you after I've checked some things." He said, I nodded and he asked me a few questions before being finished.

"What day is it? And... what year?" I didn't even know where I was yet.

"November 23, 2026." He answered, my eyes got big and I didn't know what to do, that meant I had just turned 24 three days ago. Last time I checked, I was 14.

"WHAT?!" I yelled, he jumped a little and looked worried.

"Um, yeah... why? What's wrong?"

"That means I'm 24, I was 14 the last time I checked. What the heck? You're lying to me, aren't you? This is some sort of joke, right?" A tear fell onto my cheek when I said the last word.
He came closer and put a hand on my shoulder reassuringly.

"I don't know why you don't remember, but I promise, we'll get your memories back. I'm sorry." He said, and then left me alone.

After a few minutes my dad rushed through the doors and embraced me in a tight hug, smiling I let go and we looked at each other.

"I missed you so much." He said, I smiled again.

"You too, dad." But then my smile dropped as I realized I still had no idea what was going on.

"What happened? I don't remember anything." His smile also dropped and he looked extremely concerned and worried.

"You don't? Nothing? What was the last thing you remember?"

"Um, I was 14 and got stung by a bee, I then had a really bad allergic reaction and nearly died. I thought I was dead until I woke up only a few minutes ago." He looked like he might pass out, it only made me worry more, but then his face relaxed and he looked sympathetic.

"We'll worry about this later, okay? You need to rest so we can leave sooner. Get some sleep now and I'll come back later." I nodded and he left.

I laid there staring at the ceiling for a couple minutes before my eyelids started getting very heavy and I fell asleep, not knowing anything from the past 10 years.

******

I slowly woke up, it had only been a few hours, but I felt much much better.
The nurse came back in and looked really happy.

"I have very exciting news! You get to leave tomorrow! We just need to test a few more things and you can then leave in the morning, just to make sure you are okay your first night of being awake." A big smile spread across my face, I then thanked him and he left.

I fell backwards onto my bed, still smiling. I was so happy to get out of here, I hated hospitals, they were creepy.

I sat there trying to think and see if I could remember a single thing from the past 10 years. I remembered the white light when I git stung, I remembered the doctor looking over me, trying to help me, but then it just went blank. I couldn't remember a single thing after him setting me on the grating in the TARDIS. I then realized that I didn't know where the Doctor was, if I had seen him since then, if he even remembered me.
I was hoping that I had kept traveling with him in his space ship, saving people, and seeing the stars. Even though I wouldn't remember it, I knew he would. I hoped for his sake that I stayed, he always seemed lonely and if I had left him he would be even lonelier. I hated seeing him sad, it made me feel like there was nothing I could do.