Why me

I had told the Doctor what I remembered, he was excited more than I was! We talked about it and decided to keep going, to try to remember more of our past. I didn't get why he cared so deeply about me remembering, it's not like I matter. I'm just someone to keep him company. Someone he brings along for fun. He knew what we had done, so why did it matter if I knew? It's not like I'm staying with him forever, I knew he didn't like to keep people for a super long period of time.

"Shall we?" He asked, offering me his arm, I gladly took it and we walked out the doors to museum.

"You hate museums." I said, he looked over at me.

"How did you know that?" He asked with a small smile.

"I, um, I don't know." I said, then realized that I had just remembered something else!

"Oh!" I said and smiled big at him, he winked and we kept going.

We walked around, but it was boring, I hate museums. They are so boring, like, I don't care about this stuff!

I yawned many times, but he ignored me. After we went through the whole museum, we went back into the TARDIS.

"That was awful." I said, yawning again. He looked at me and smiled.

"I know."

"Then why did we go?" I asked somewhat annoyed.

"Because, we went before." He looked at the floor, I sighed and walked over to him.

"Just because I don't remember now, doesn't mean I won't ever remember. Okay?" I whispered, my arms around his neck, He looked up at me and smiled very slightly.

"Okay." He breathed. Our gazes met and I could feel his breath on my face, I don't know what we were thinking, we probably weren't.

We both got closer, his hands on my waist, my arms pulling us closer while holding around his neck. Our chests were almost touching, almost. We leaned into each other, our lips brushing each other's, his breath caressing my face, warm and soft.

"What are we doing?" He whispered, hardly audible.

"Don't know yet." I whispered back, then we crashed our lips together, not caring about how stupid it was.

His lips were soft, like they were tiny clouds. We broke free every few seconds, but only to breathe. He pulled me closer as we kept kissing, our bodies pushed against the other's, his hands tightening their grip around my waist.

We kept that up for a few minutes, but it only felt like a few seconds. My heart was racing and my stomach was doing flips, but I just acted as casual as I could, which was not very casual.
We broke free and we were both breathing a little too heavily.

I looked up at him, our bodies still pushed up together. He looked kind of regretful, but not too regretful. We both giggled a little while catching our breath. Then it got all awkward and quiet, us staring at the floor, ceiling, walls, anything other than the other person.

"I'm gonna go to bed, I'll see you in the morning." I said quietly and headed for the hallway when I felt a hand wrap around my right forearm.

"I'm sorry." He said once I turned around.

"Don't be, it was amazing." I said, a little blush burning my cheeks, but I ignored it.

"I know." He whispered and kissed my cheek, I blushed again and turned around, going into my room.

I closed the door behind me and fell on my bed on my back.
What just happened? I thought to myself. The Doctor didn't seem like that type. He didn't like to love humans, he didn't want to watch them die, but he just kissed me, and I have a slight feeling that it wasn't our first time.

I stood up and got changed into pjs before falling into bed, fading into sleep.

******

I woke up, jolting into a sitting position. I don't know why, I was just on edge, as if I knew something was wrong, but nothing was wrong.

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and headed to the shower. Once I got out I got changed into a plain white T-shirt, skinny jeans, and wrapped a red and black, flannel, plaid shirt around my waist, tying it into a knot. I slipped on my black converse and put my hair in a messy bun.

I walked into the kitchen, grabbed a cup with a lid on it, poured some coffee into it, and walked to the console room, sipping at my lovely drink.

The Doctor was playing with some wires when I walked in. He looked up at me and smiled, I smiled back and walked over to sit next to him on the floor.

"How did you sleep?" He asked, I shrugged.

"Fine." He nodded and kept messing with the wires.
He acted like yesterday hadn't happened, like we never did anything abnormal, maybe we didn't, but I didn't know that. I couldn't remember. I have no idea what we did the past ten years, maybe we did that every day, but I couldn't know that for sure.

"So, what now?" I asked, he looked over at me and smiled.

"I can't tell you, you know that." I sighed.

"I know." I said and set my coffee on the console.

"Let's go, I already parked her." He said, so we stood up, grabbed each other's hand, and walked out of the doors.

Outside was a field of green grass, it was dusk, the sunset was amazing.

I walked out slowly, staring at the beautiful sky, I don't know how he finds these places.

"Like it?" He asked me.

"Yes, I love it." I breathed.

******

We were laying on the soft grass holding each other's hands, staring at the sky. The stars were starting to appear, twinkling like sparkles.

"You know, I'm starting to remember little things." I said suddenly.

"Really? What kinds of things?" He asked me still looking up.

"Things like sitting in the TARDIS with you, talking, goofing. Kissing..." I said the last part quieter.

"Oh, right, yeah, sorry." He apologized.

"Don't worry about it, I don't mind." I said, smiling at the sky.

"Oh, okay"

"Also I remember being here, it was only two years ago, correct?"

"Yeah! It was two years ago."

I sighed again. "How long will it take?" I asked, he rolled over onto his stomach, I did the same. Our faces only inches away.

"Doesn't matter, as long as it works, who cares how long it takes." He said, I smiled.

He started leaning in, I did the same. His breath on my face, it was amazing, I loved the feeling of his breath on my skin, it felt good.

At first our lips were soft on each other, then it started becoming more intense. Our lips pressing against the other's, only to break apart, then crash together again. It made me nervous, but calm all the same. Like there was nothing else in the world but this.

I broke from him and looked at him, he looked a little disappointed.

"Doctor?"

"Yeah?"

"Why me?" I whispered.

"You'll find out soon, just be patient." He whispered back.

"Okay." I whispered back and pressed my lips to his again.

______________