THREE.

The next day of class went by pretty fast and it was now time for me to meet up with Julian.

I threw on the clothes I told him I would be in and shook out my curly hair before heading out the door.

When I pulled up to the Starbucks it didn't look too packed which was good. I ordered a tea for myself and went to sit in a booth.

I scrolled through twitter for a few minutes while sipping my tea. After a few retweets I looked up and saw him walk in. My ex wannabe future husband as Lee called him.

One thing I had always admired was the way he dressed. He had on a plain black tee, with a leather jacket on top of it. The jacket had different patches sewn on to the back. He also had on black skinnies and red and black sneakers. He topped it off with a black strapback hat, a few gold chains and a watch.

He went to the counter and ordered whatever he was getting before scanning the room and locking his eyes on me.

He smiled and I scrunched my eyebrows confused as hell. He was smiling at me ? The same guy that damn near cursed me out for nudging his car just smiled at me ? What the hell?

"Tay!", an employee called and he walked over to get what I noticed was an ice coffee. He thanked the lady and started walking in my direction. I looked down and closed my eyes as I mentally threw myself off a cliff.

Lord please don't let him come over here, I thought to myself.

Before I could finish my silent prayer I heard someone slide into the booth. I opened my eyes to be greeted by his milk chocolate ones.

He smiled,"Is this seat taken?"

I cleared my throat before responding. "It is actually", I told him. He nodded. "Waiting for somebody?", he asked.

"Yeah", I said a little too quickly.

"I am too. Guess we can wait together."

I chuckled. Was he serious?

"Are you serious right now?"

"What do you mean am I serious?", he asked in confusion.

I raised an eyebrow. "You literally cursed me out the other day and now your acting like your oh so friendly."

"Oh. About that, i'm sorry. I don't usually act like that. Some crazy shit just happened to me so i'm slighty paranoid and I have a temper so I went off on you. I wasn't right. I apologize", he said seeming to be sincere.

He seemed like he was genuinely sorry so I accepted his apology. "I accept your apology and i'm also sorry once again for hitting your car ....", I waited for him to say his name. He smiled that smile I liked as he responded,"Tay."

"Tay. Sorry Tay."

"The car shit was no big deal. Got it fixed already. Who you waiting on ? If I may ask", he said before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Some guy I'm supposed to be meeting up with", I responded.

"Date ?", he asked me.

I shook my head no,"Uhh i'm kind of crappy at calculus and my professor suggested some kid to help me out."

"Whats your name?", he asked me looking at my shirt weirdly.

"Kareem", I told him.

He started laughing. I automatically got upset. "Whats so funny?", I asked him with attitude lacing my voice. Either he was laughing at my calculus struggles or my name and neither one was funny.

He calmed down from his laughter and responded. "Calm down mama. I just find the 'some kid' thing hilarious. I'm damn near 22."

Realization hit me like a brick. He was my tutor ?

My eyes got wide as I face-palmed myself. This guy that I've had a crush on for ages is going to be my tutor. I was beyond embarrassed.

But wait, I was waiting for a Julian, not a Tay.

"I thought I was meeting someone named Julian", I said confused.

"Tay is my nickname. Julian is my first name. I go with Tay cause alot of people call me by my last name, Tailor", he explained.

Well wasn't this a weird coincidence. "Wow", I said. Now I was more nervous than I already was around him. He probably thought I was dumb now.

"Since we're acquainted, you wanna get started?", he asked me.

I nodded. "U-Uh yeah let me get out my stuff", I said shakily. I could tell he sensed my nervousness but he wouldn't stop staring at me.

"You don't need to be ashamed. Everybody needs help sometimes. I might be blowing through math but ask me to write an essay and watch how fast I get shook", he said playfully. I laughed. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

After four types of word problems I was frustrated as hell. It literally took me 15 minutes to catch on to what he was doing on the first one. I did however at this point understand how to do the first two types.

I think Julian could tell I was drained for the day because he closed my book.

"I think you good for today" he said to me as I looked up to meet his eyes. One thing I could say about him is he makes alot of eye contact. It made me nervous because I was already self conscious and it made me uncomfortable. It also turned on my waterfall ....if you catch my drift.

He also had a really cool personality. He managed to ease some of my nervousness and frustration by making me laugh every now and then throughout our session.

"Thank you", I responded as I packed the rest of my things.

He smiled,"No problem mama."

Every Time he called me that I had to force myself not to grin 'til my cheeks bursted.

"You seem pretty stressed out. I'm throwing a party tonight. You should come through", he said to me.

I shook my head,"Oh no no, I'm not the party type."

"C'mon mama. Think of it as your thank you to me."

I pondered it before agreeing. I had only been to 4 parties, all that I was dragged to by Lee.

"I'll come under one condition. I have to bring my friend."

"The more the merrier", he grinned while picking up his phone from the table. "Party starts at 9."