THIRTY THREE.

*unedited* this chapter actually wasn't bad like I was going to make it. I was going to make it piss people off but I like good things 😭

I was sitting down doing my make up in preparation for this dinner party thing. I was not too excited about it but I would have to suck it up.

While I was doing my makeup, I was recording so I could use this as a part of a Get Ready With Me video for my channel.

I finished off my make up with some setting spray by urban decay and turned off my camera before slipping into my outfit. It was a really cute jumpsuit that I had no idea I owned. It was probably just something I picked up to stop Julian from complaining about how I never let him buy me anything.

I saw him enter the room out the corner of my eye fully dressed. He had on a white short sleeve button down shirt, some black pants, and some shoes I knew were too expensive for me to know the name of. He also had on a nice black fedora hat which was odd cause I was so used to seing him in strapbacks.

I got up and slid on my sandals and he grabbed his keys. "You ready nani?"

I mentally rolled my eyes at him calling me that. He thought it was so genius. "Yeah", I told him grabbing my purse.

He held onto my hand as we made our way to the car. He opened my door and let me in and I thanked him before he ran to his side getting in as well.

He kissed me when he got inside and I put my parents address into his gps before we started on our way.

I was nervous and even though my parents lived 30 minutes away. It seemed like we were getting there faster than it would normally take.

I plugged my phone into the aux playing Caretaker by DRAM & SZA hoping the mellowness of the song would calm my nerves.

It didnt. "Chill" Julian laughed. I didnt realize I was shaking my leg. I stopped as we pulled up to the house and got out.

"This is a nice house" Julian said looking over our three bedroom, two bathroom home.

"Its a garage compared to your parents house" I joked.

He sucked his teeth and laughed. "Nice ass garage in that case."

We walked up and I rang the doorbell earning a "COMING!" from my mother. Jesus this lady was loud.

The door opened and I came face to face with her smiling face. "Kareem!" she shouted pulling me into a hug.

"Hi mom" I smiled and she looked over at Julian. "And who might this be?" she said looking over to Julian.

"This is Julian. Julian this is my mom" I said and he reached out to shake her hand.

"Pleasure to meet you Mrs. Landry" he smiled and she returned it before ushering us in.

"Gerald your daughter is here!" she yelled making her way to the kitchen.

"Your mom is fucking creepy" Julian mumbled lowly nudging me.