8: Big News & Fights.

SHAWNS POV

Yesterday after I told Alex that I loved her, I really do love her. I'm glad she said it back and that kiss. Wow. It was amazing, the best thing I've ever had. I went home later that day and got my guitar. I'm currently writing a new song. I'm calling it 'Kid in Love'

..I've got it all, yeah
I've got it all, yeah
And I've got it, and I've got it all
And I've got it, and we've got it all
And I've got it, and I've got it all
But I don't ever wanna grow up

I finished the song and felt satisfied. I stacked up the papers and stuck them in my binder with a few other songs. I pulled out my first song that I ever wrote Life of the Party. I started playing it.

I love it when you just don't care
I love it when you dance like there's nobody there
So when it gets hard, don't be afraid
We don't care what them people say
I love it when you don't take no
I love it when you do what you want cause you just said so
Let them all go home, we out late
We don't care what them people say

We don't have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

Together we can just let go-

I got cut off by my phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Is this Shawn Mendes?"

"Yes"

"Hi! This is Andrew Gertler, I'm one of the managers at Island Records. I wanted to call and let you know that we loved your your application and would love for you to join us. If you decide to join us, you would start in March, leaving you 6 months to write a few songs to bring in. Also there are going to be a few contracts you would need to sign, some you might not like as much as others. Just send me an email before Feb. 25th to make sure if your in or not" he said.

"Wow okay, thank you so much" I said.

"Alright bye"

"Bye" I said. Wow this is amazing. But if I accept it, I would have to leave all my friends and Alex. Alex I love her, I don't want to leave her.

"Dad! Dad!!" I yelled.

"Yes? I'm in my room!" He yelled back.

"Dad! Andrew called me and told me they would want me to join them at Island records! They said if I want to I have to join in March!" I said very excitingly.

"Shawn! Wow! That's amazing!" He said giving me a hug. "I'm so proud of you" he said.

"Thank you Dad" I said.

"By the way, we are going to Canada this weekend, I accidentally bought 3 tickets because you know I'm not good with that stuff, so bring a friend" he told me.

"Okay dad" I said. I went back to my room and laid down on my bed, out of the corner of my eye I saw Alex's soccer cleats on my floor. She must have left them here when I picked her up. I'm going to go return them to her and I really want to kiss her and I'm going to ask her if she wants to come to Canada with me. I grabbed her shoes and walked downstairs, I grabbed my keys and drove to Alex's house. I pulled up to her driveway and saw Nate's car. I got out the car with her cleats in my hand and knocked, Johnson opened.