~Chapter Nine~

A/N: Sorry for the wait, guys, things are a bit topsy-turvy at home atm. 

When my alarm clock went off that morning, all I could do was switch it back off and bury myself underneath my bedsheets; trying to block myself off from the rest of the world.

I did not want to go to school today.

I couldn't face Jackson again this early. I couldn't. I didn't want to. After what he tried to do to me...I don't think I want to go to school ever again.

Yeah, so Harry's gonna be there. But it doesn't matter. I don't want to see anyone. I just want to be alone.

"Angélique?" I heard a soft knock on my bedroom door, "Darling? Did you switch off your alarm?"

I did nothing except groan and duck under my sheets even more; silently wishing my mother would just move along and leave me be.

Unfortunately...that's not something my mother does.

I heard the door creak open a little, and I reacted by sighing and not moving an inch.

"Angélique? Time for school, ma chère. Remember?" She sat down at my bedside.

"Ugh. Mum..." I sighed and reluctantly emerged from my sheets, "...I really don't want to go today."

"Why not?" She frowned slightly, "Is everything OK?"

"Uh-huh. It's all good. I just...I'm really tired. And I have a headache."

"How come?"

"I didn't sleep well last night," I stifled a groan and shielded my eyes from the light with my forearm.

"Why? What happened, Angélique?"

"Bad dreams. Lots of tossing and turning,"

"Oh dear..." my mother sighed, "well...if you're tired then you wouldn't be able to concentrate properly. I suppose you just...want to rest today?"

"Yeah. That'd be swell," I removed my arm so I could look at her and nod.

"I have to work today though, darling. Are you sure you'll be alright?"

"Yeah. I'll be fine. If this headache gets worse, I'll just get some paracetamol. No problem,"

Mum sighed again. "Alright. But you're definitely going tomorrow, yes?"

"Muuum..." I whined.

"Oh...fine. We'll see how you go," she rolled her eyes, "but I won't be very happy if you do take another day off. You're not sick, Angélique."

"I know," I sighed, "look, just go to work, OK? I'll be fine."

"Trying to get rid of me?" She cocked an eyebrow at me and rolled her eyes again, "Yes, alright. I'll be gone in 15 minutes. And you know the drill, Angélique – no opening the door at all. Just stay quiet, and stay in the house."

"I know, mum," I rolled my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, Angélique. I'm just reminding you,"

"Yeah, I know. Sorry." I sighed.

Mum gave me a soft smile in response and stroked my hair. "Rest up, darling. Get better soon."

***

I was woken up from my slumber yet again by the sound of my phone going off on my bedside table. Groaning, I picked it up and switched it on to see who texted me.

1 New Message
Hazza Banazza

I rolled my eyes. I should've seen this coming. I opened up the message and read it.