~Chapter Fifty~

A/N: Hi hi, this chapter is a little shorter but I thought it's best to end it where I ended it. Honestly I was stuck on a few parts so I could've done better but meh :p

---

Dear Mum & Dad,

I understand that you must be surprised to find this letter. I know that you must also be worried and confused about where I've gone. Well, please read this until the end – and please try not to freak out too much. I really hope you'll be able to see this from my point of view.

Before anything, I just want to make one thing clear: the last thing I'd ever want to do is hurt you. You're my parents, and I love you so much. But under the circumstances, I had to leave. We had to leave.

Harry got himself mixed up in something bad a few months back, and I made the decision to get myself mixed up in it, too...because I wanted to protect him. I couldn't tell you – because I knew there was no way you'd let me do it, and I knew you probably wouldn't let me see Harry anymore, either...because it was most likely you'd think of him as a bad influence. But he's not a bad influence – I promise he's not – he just got mixed up with the wrong crowd...and he & I would be trapped in that crowd for the rest of our lives if we didn't leave.

I bit down on the edge of my pen and squinted at my paper – trying my hardest to think about what I could possibly say next. I honestly thought writing this letter would be easy...but I was actually struggling so much to write my thoughts out on paper.

Even after several minutes, I still had nothing. I was so stuck, that I ended up sighing and closing my refill pad – deciding to focus on class instead for the time being. However, I realized that I'd been so immersed in trying to write this note to my parents, that I actually had no fucking idea what the teacher was talking about.

Great.

Just great.

But, one thing I also had no idea about, was that it was actually so close to the end of the period – and that's why I was startled when I suddenly heard the bell ringing loudly throughout the halls – so much that it even made me jump a little.

"Alright, class dismissed!" My statistics teacher said, "Don't forget the homework for tomorrow!"

I picked up my refill, my books and my pencilcase and shoved them into my schoolbag before I rose to my feet and slung it over my shoulder – letting out a soft sigh and nibbling on my bottom lip as I racked my brains trying to figure out what else I could say to my parents.

Oh, God.

This is gonna be harder than I thought.

***

For classical studies, Mrs Gough told us that we were going to spend the next few classes working in the library. Which I thought was ideal for me – because it meant that I could work on my goodbye letter to my parents under the pretense of studying for our latest assignment (it was due next week, but I wasn't even gonna be here – so I didn't really give two shits about it) – and the fact that the library was naturally a lot quieter than the classroom would do a lot to help me think, I'm sure.

Ethan and I found a secluded table nicely far enough from everybody else. But I actually didn't start off the letter as soon as we sat down – because I ended up just sitting there with an open book about Greek vases in front of me – not reading it, but instead tapping my nails against the tabletop and nibbling anxiously on my bottom lip as I tried to figure out what else to say to my parents.

It was so hard trying to explain myself without going into any details about Jackson's fight club. I didn't want to tell mum and dad everything that had been going on...but I still wanted to give them a somewhat reasonable explanation.