~Chapter Eighteen~

When I came out of my room that morning, I could hear my mum & dad excitedly talking in the living room. Making my way over, I saw that my mum was clasping dad's hands delightedly with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh, my darling, do you really want to do this?"

"Of course, love. You deserve it,"

"Wow," I began with a smile, "lots of happy faces in here today. What's up?"

"Oh, ma chère...your father has just given me the most wonderful news," she said with a grin.

"Really?" my eyebrows rose.

"That job I went to an interview for? I got it," my dad beamed.

"Really?" My jaw dropped, and I immediately let out a squeal, "oh my God, dad...that's so amazing!" I ran to him and leaped into his arms to give him a hug, "Congratulations!"

"Thanks, kiddo," my dad laughed.

"When do you start?!" I asked him excitedly.

"In a week," he said brightly.

"That's so sick! I'm so proud of you, dad."

"Thank you," he chuckled, "now, Angélique...there is one more thing your mum & I wanted to discuss with you."

"What is it?"

"I want to take your mum on a little holiday, sunshine. To celebrate,"

"Aww, really?" I grinned, "That's so sweet, dad! Where and when?"

"Well...we don't quite have enough money to go anywhere special...but I was thinking maybe a little road trip up to London – spend some time in a decent hotel. I still have a week before I start working...and I want to spend it with the love of my life," he smiled tenderly at my mum and kissed her sweetly.

"Awww, dad! That's a great idea! Especially 'cause you work so hard, mum," I beamed at her.

"Oh, but I don't know, Angélique..." my mother bit her lip, "what about you?"

"Me? I'll be fine," I chuckled, "I'm 17, mum – not 7."

"Oh, I know...it's just that...London's so far away," she looked up at me, "what if you get in trouble?"

"I know how to look after myself. We also have some real nice neighbours, and Harry & his family are just a 5-minute bike ride away," I smiled at her, "so, don't worry. You & dad deserve some alone time."

"See, hon? I told you she'd be OK with it," my dad smiled at her, "so, what do you say, El? Would you let me take you on a well-deserved romantic holiday?"

"Oh...I suppose there's no harm in it," my mum blushed slightly and rested her head on my dad's shoulder, "I would love to. Thank you, darling."

"Yay!" I clapped my hands excitedly, "Well, hurry up then, you guys! You're leaving in two days! You need to pack things!" I pulled both of them off the couch and pushed them towards their bedroom, "Shoo!"

Both of them laughed as they entered their room – and I couldn't help grinning as they walked off together.

The house to myself for a whole week?

This is gonna be fucking awesome.

***

I let out a moan as Harry hitched me up against my bedroom wall; his lips moving hungrily against mine as if he wanted to devour me. My hands snaked up his back and into his beautiful hair – my fingers closing around and pulling at clumps of the thick, precious curls – making him groan and his grip on my thighs tighten; his fingers making dents into my skin.