~Chapter Ten~

A/N: There's a lot of POV switches in this chapter :p

"Angélique!" I heard my mum call me from the living room, "hurry, ma chère! Harry's here,"

"Coming!" I called back while fixing my hair in the mirror.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and took a deep breath; closing my eyes and listening to the sound of my slow, shaky breathing.

"You can do this," I whispered to myself, "you can do this."

I turned away from the mirror and looked at Peaches; who was having a nap on the end of my bed. I smiled and quickly patted her head before leaving my room - hopping into my shoes and grabbing my purple helmet as I walked out.

As I came into the living room, I saw that mum had given Harry a biscuit while he was waiting; and he was sitting on the couch finishing it off. When he saw me, he smiled and rose to his feet right away.

"Hey Haz," I smiled back at him.

"Angel," he nodded at me once, his smile growing a little, "you ready?"

I inhaled deeply once again. "You bet,"

"OK. Let's go. Thanks for the snack, Mrs van Raay,"

"Anytime, Harry," my mother smiled at him, "and thank you for picking up Angélique today,"

"Don't mention it," he smiled back, "come on, Ange."

I nodded and followed him out the door; clipping on my helmet while I did so to save time. Harry hopped on his motorcycle and put on his own helmet while waiting for me. I climbed on behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist - letting out shaky breath and swallowing nervously.

"Are you sure you're ready to go back now?" He asked me.

"Do I have a choice?" I sighed.

"Well...technically yes," I saw a smirk begin to creep across his face, "if you want we can grab a coffee first and be a little late,"

"Can we?" I asked hopefully.

"Your wish is my command," he chuckled and started up his motorcycle; revving it a couple of times before smiling at me, "Starbucks?"

"Starbucks," I said with a nod, smiling as I tightened my grip around him and rested my head against his back.

***

When Harry & I finally walked into school with coffee cups in hand, the halls were completely empty - and I bit my lip anxiously. We both ended up staying at Starbucks for longer than we'd initially planned.

"Shit," I muttered to myself.

"I thought this was what you wanted," Harry cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Well, yeah but..." I bit my lip again, "now it's just gonna be awkward when we walk into class."

"Only if you make it awkward," Harry replied, "the best thing to do is just stroll in like you were never late at all."

"I'm not exactly good at 'strolling'," I said with a sigh.

"That's why you need to learn," Harry smiled at me and took my arm, "come on."

"I need to get my books from my locker!" I protested.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Fine. But make it quick,"

We both ran to the lockers, and I fumbled around in my pocket to get out my keys as quickly as I could. Harry waited patiently while I opened up my locker and grabbed my books, and he took my bag off my back and held it out for me while I struggled to stuff everything inside. Once it was all done, Harry zipped up the bag and helped me get it back over my shoulder before we both hurried to English.