~Chapter Twenty-Five~

"Looks like we're in the clear," Harry told me as he slowly pulled his motorbike into my driveway, "I don't think anyone's home yet."

"Thank God," I sighed in relief, "no need to make up an excuse after all."

"Lucky us," Harry said with a chuckle.

He climbed off his bike and put it on its stand before helping me take off my helmet and step away from the bike as well.

"Thanks for the ride," I told him, "and for what happened back at your place," I said with a giggle.

Harry chuckled. "No problem."

He took my hand and escorted me to my front door – making me roll my eyes at him and chuckle as I took out my keys.

"By the way," Harry spoke up again, "about the prom?"

"Yeah?" I asked him as I began unlocking the door.

"Don't you think it'd be fun if we wore matching flowers?" He asked with a smile.

"What do you mean?" I asked him with a slight frown.

"Your corsage matching my boutonniere," Harry smiled again, "worn on exactly the same side of us so that everyone knows that we're together. 'Cause I think a few break-up rumours have already managed to get around back at school."

"What?" I frowned, "How?"

Harry shrugged. "People saw us acting odd around each other, I suppose. Figured it out themselves."

"Oh," I bit my lip momentarily before smiling at him, "I guess we'll have to wear matching flowers, then."

"Indeed," Harry chuckled, "how about...a white rose? I read somewhere that white can be a colour of apology."

"Apology for what?" I asked him as I opened the front door for us.

"For breaking up with you," Harry scratched his neck nervously as we both entered the house, "and for automatically thinking that you didn't trust me."

I smiled at him and closed the door behind us before I pulled his head down to kiss him softly.

"I don't need an apology," I giggled, "but I'll buy you a white rose as an apology for leading you to think that I didn't trust you."

"I don't need an apology, either," Harry smiled back at me, "so, white roses it is, then. And you can wear yours on your left wrist, and I'll wear mine on the left side of my lapel."

"Why the left side?" I asked with a slight frown.

Harry smiled again. "Because the left side of your body is where your heart is, and I want everyone to know that my heart belongs to you."

"Aww..." I giggled again and wrapped my arms around him to give him a tight hug before resting my head against his chest, "that's a beautiful idea. I love it."

"And I love you, Angel," Harry murmured softly into my hair.

"I love you too, Harry," I smiled up at him as we pulled away.

"So what are you going to wear for me at this prom?" He asked with a smirk.

I chuckled. "I'd tell you if I knew. I don't exactly have any prom dresses in my possession."

"You don't need a prom dress. It's supposed to be like a party, remember?"

I chuckled again. "I don't have any party dresses, either."

Harry rolled his eyes. "I suppose I can't exactly be surprised at that."

"Exactly," I flashed him an innocent but playful smile, "but I promise, Harry...I'll try my best to look the part."