26.

Exams ended, reviews came in. Everything seemed fine, and I was going to see Chris. It hadn't even been two months. How the hell was I going to last six more. I came through the airport gates, dragging my carry-on behind me, and looked around. Chris had said someone would be picking me up. I wasn't sure if that was someone I would know, like maybe his mum, or just a driver. So I scoured the crowd. I finally saw a man, wearing jeans, a white tee and a leather jacket with sunglasses and a baseball cap standing off to the side by himself holding a sign with my name on it. I headed over to him, and as I got closer I recognised him. My heart rate sped up like crazy.

"Hello, Chris Pratt holding a sign with my name on it." I said as I reached him.

"Hello, Emily." He said laughing. He dragged me into a hug and I clung to him a rather awkwardly long time.

He took my bag from me, and beckoned me to follow him.

"Um ... Why is Chris Pratt picking me up from the airport?" I asked him as we entered the car park. I couldn't believe how stupidly star stuck I was, but I loved Parks and Recreation.

Chris chuckled.  "My wife heard you were arriving today, and she was pretty adamant that she get to meet the girl who can put up with Evans for any significant period of time. So she told me I had to come get you."

Chris drove me straight to the studio where they were shooting today. We chatted in the car. I tried so hard to be casual, but I don't know what it was, my highly wound emotional state, being driven anywhere by Chris Pratt, I just felt like a fucking idiot. My face was burning, and I could feel my pulse in my ears. It wasn't really until Chris pulled into the studio parking lot that I actually felt like I was just chatting with an actual human being.

He grabbed my bag from the boot of the car and led me towards a row of trailers.

"I warn you, Chris. When I see him, I'm going to ditch you so fast. I won't be able to help it."

Chris laughed. "I understand. It's really hard being away from your loved ones for such long periods. When I see Anna after being apart for a while, I can't keep my hands off her. But it could be worse. We're actors. We aren't serving in the military. You can visit. You know they're coming home safe and sound."

I smiled. He was right. I needed some perspective.

And then I saw him. He was standing facing away from us, in his boxers outside of trailer talking to a small blond woman who I assumed was Anna. She was wrapped in a white robe. My heart skipped a beat and I ran, launching myself at his back. He instinctively grabbed my legs when I landed on him and I buried my face in his neck. Tears were pricking my eyes.

"Well, I really hope that's Emily." Anna laughed.

"Me too quite frankly." Chris said and dropped me to my feet. He turned to face me and when he looked at my face, he smiled so brightly and dragged me into him. I snuggled into his chest. My stomach was full of butterflies and I was really worried I was about to start crying.

"Aw... aren't these two gross." Pratt said catching up to us.

"It's sweet. They missed each other." Anna said.

Chris relaxed his arms from around me, and ran a hand down my cheek. "Hey, Em."

"Hello." I smiled.

Chris introduced me to Anna, and we shook hands.

"See, you look way more normal than I expected." Anna said to me. "When I think about who could possibly put up with Evans for more than a few hours at a time, I figured they had to be crazy."