28.

The next two weeks were like a holiday for my emotions. Even though Chris was basically working constantly, these crazy long days, occasionally going into the night, knowing I would see him every day was enough for me. I was like a different person to the one I was just before getting here. I was angry at myself for it. I needed to just be that person regardless of who was or wasn't around me. I'd worry about that later. For now, the holiday my emotions were getting was enough. I felt happy. At peace.

East was almost a constant companion for me. I took him on long walks around the city. He'd sit curled up on my feet while I sat on the couch reading, or catching up on work. It's amazing how important animals can be for your mental health really.

Tara took me out a few times. She was quite obviously doing it at Chris' request, and despite some really completely uncomfortable silences that happened on occasion, we generally had a good time. Or at least I did. Bonding most over talking about dumb things Chris did when he was younger.

Chris had invited a bunch of people out drinking one night well lots of nights really but one specific night there were various cast members from 'What's Your Number' and a few of Chris' childhood friends. Tara was there with her husband, and I watched as she, Chris and Anna joked together at the bar. I was just sitting at a booth, nursing a drink, and watching people. Tara's husband, slid into the booth beside me.

"I'm glad Chris started getting serious about someone again." He said. "Does there relationship bother you?"

I laughed. "Not at all. Should it?"

He shook his head. "No. I just ... it feels like he's hanging around at the wings sometimes, waiting for his chance."

"If they were going to be together, they'd be together. And I wouldn't be here talking to you. I'd be in LA, maybe dating some other person."

"Yeah, I know that. Logically, I know that. Still, it's weird. You don't get too many people with such close platonic friendships like that."

"Hey, if I couldn't be friends with people because of the potential factor that I might end up sexual attracted to them I could only be friends with my brother. And I really, really don't like my brother very much. You just have to trust them, and assume that she's not having sex with him for the same reason you aren't."

"Just feels like an idealistic way to live. Have you ever been cheated on? Cheated on anyone?" He asked me.

"Yes, I was cheated on. It's awful. But I never trusted her. Not once. And you reap what you sow." I took a drink from my beer and sighed. "I trust him though. He's never given me any reason not to. And I like them as friends. He's better for her being in his life."

We talked for a little while longer. Eventually he got up and left joining Chris and Tara at the bar. I leaned back into the booth and yawned. I think Chris must have seen me, because less than a minute later he was sliding into the booth next to me.

"Tired?" He asked.

"Yeah, a bit."

He ran one hand up my leg, resting it on the top inner-side of my thigh. "Want to get out of here?" He whispered, his mouth pressed to my neck.

"We can stay if you want. Your friends are all still here."

"I think you might be missing the point of the question." He said, squeezing my thigh. His breath was hot against my skin, and he smelled strongly of beer.

I turned my head to him and we kissed. He pushed me back against the booth, his hand massaging my thigh.

I pushed him off me. "Sure. We can go."