41.

We had a connecting flight through Sydney Airport. We were pretty fresh still when we arrived in Sydney thanks to a fairly decent sleep on the plane. It took so long to get us both through security, customs, quarantine, on the bus to the domestic terminal and then through security again, and onto the connecting flight that by the time we were settled int out seats we were waning badly. It was just after six in the morning when we arrived and the flight to Canberra was at ten. We still only just made it to the terminal for boarding. The plane was a tiny little thing with two rows of two seating and propellers. Despite the flight being only half an hour, I still fell asleep again.

We were hiring a car for our stay in Canberra and I was a bleary mess when we were filling out the paperwork. We finally got everything sorted and loaded our bags into the boot.

"Are you driving?" I asked.

"Fuck no! You guys drive on the wrong side of the road."

"Christopher Robert Evans, you chicken!" I exclaimed. "Well, I really hope I don't crash and kill us both. I am cactus."

We wound our way out of the maze that is the Canberra Airport, and I spotted some kangaroo's grazing in a nearby horse paddock.

"Look Chris, we're in Australia." I said pointing to the mob.

Chris got really excited. "Kangaroos! I can't believe I saw Kangaroos as soon as we left the airport." He said peering out the window. "Emily, there's a baby one!"

I smiled. "They're everywhere in Canberra but I can never not get excited to see them." I said, squeezing his knee.

We got to the hotel, and had the car valet parked. The Hyatt is an old sprawling series of buildings right on the lake within view of Parliament House and the National Library.

"What's with the giant flag on the hill?" Chris asked.

"That's parliament house. The hill is a building. That's where government happens." I said. "Also, it's awesome rolling down the roof. You want to go roll down the roof?"

"I do want to go roll down the roof."

We went inside and checked in. Chris had booked a diplomatic suit. I had flat out refused to let him book the presidential. It had a baby grand piano in it. It was too much, and I wouldn't do it. A bell hop showed us to our room and gave us a tour. It was bigger than the apartment I'd lived in when I first moved to LA. By a lot. It had a separate dining room and lounge, and the bathroom had a huge spa bath in it.

"This may be a little more than we need, Chris." I chuckled. "Do you think we might have people over for a dinner party so we can use that massive dining table."

"Hey we could have a room with a piano in it, but no. That's too extravagant. I could be playing the piano right now." He came over to me and hooked his arms around me, sliding his hands into the back pockets of my jeans. "How about I fuck you on the massive dining table. Then you don't have to feel bad we didn't use it."

I ignored him. "I know you're not supposed to sleep until night when you've got jet lag, but I am so tired. I don't think I am going to make it until night."

"I can think of something we can do to stay awake." Chris growled.

"Won't work. I'll fall asleep. You'll just have to do stuff to me while I'm asleep."

Chris laughed and kissed me. I felt like I melted into him. If he let go of me I'd fall to the floor. When we broke apart I leaned into his chest, resting my head against his heart. He held me and stroked my hair.