Chapter 14: Strong bond

Chapter 14

-Katniss-

I see Willow and Rye come up in the arena and I lose my breath.

They're in mine and Peetas first arena.

Plutarch is sitting in the sofa on the other side of Peeta.

"What are they doing in that arena?" Johanna asks before I can.

We sit and watch together; Peeta, Haymitch, Annie, Johanna, Plutarch, Beetee and I. I Even though Beetee don't exactly understand what we're watching.

"I knew they would like to see you're Hunger Games", Plutarch says calm. "And they would recognize it in the reality, and that it would help them, no one of the others recognize it there and that will give Willow and Rye an advantage".

They're on Willow and Ryes side. The Capitol is on Willow and Ryes side.

I have been angry at Plutarch, but now I just can't be angry at him anymore. He's standing on Willow and Ryes side, and he always have. Honestly I really should have known that right from the start, I mean, I don't suppose that you go ahead and buy an extremely expensive swing set for two children that you than want to see dead. And Plutarch dosen't. I feel so stupid right now.

"Oh Plutarch, thank you so much", I say and I bury my face into Peeta's shirt.

Annie rubs my back calmly and put her head on my back.

"They will make it, Katniss, look they've already left from the Cornucopia", she says soothing.

I look at the TV and see that it's true. Willow and Rye are already running away from the Cornucopia before most of the others has time to get off their platforms.

I see Willow and Rye run so fast. They run and run at least an hour before they stop. I'm surprised how long they could run, though.

Eventually they stop and collapses on the ground.

"Rye?" Willow says after a while. "How are you?"

My tears continue to flow. I just want to take my babies in my arms and hold them close to me, tell them that everything's gonna be okay, but I can't.

"Peeta..." I whisper, looking at him.

He's managed to keep his tears under control these past days, but now he can't. I can see a silent tear run down his cheek

I put a hand on his cheek and wipe his tear. It's only now I realize how Peeta has been there for everyone, but no one's even bothered to comfort him.

I become angry at myself. Peeta has comforted me so many times, he has always been there for me, but now when it gets a little tough, I can't even be there for him. What kind of wife am I to my wonderful husband, really?

I decide that I'm going to put an end to that.

I look at the TV again and see that Willow and Rye are now searching after water. After a while they stop to rest.

I see it directly. But Willow and Rye hasn't seen it yet, and I pry a silent prayer that they won't see it.

They start to check their bags, but after a while Willow sees it, and I swear to myself.

She crawls on all four over to the stone.

"It looks like blood", Willow says and pull her fingers over the blood.

"Huh?" Rye asks confused and walks over to her.

I still can't understand how much alike Rye and Peeta are. Both in personality and looks. Rye is an excellent speaker and a liar. He just doesn't want to talk to other people, but when he does, you become mesmerized by listening to him, the way you do when listening to Peeta.