Chapter 27: Are we getting old?

Chapter 27

-Katniss-

Everyone leaves our house when it gets late.

Willow says goodnight and disappears into her room. Rye gets to bed as well and Peeta goes to tuck in our little sleepy Sunny.

I walk into our room. I change into one of my many lace nightgowns.

I see a photo. I stand still, and smile at the photo, that is placed on top of our dresser. It's Peeta and I on the photo. We were around twenty years, maybe twenty one or twenty two, and this photo was taken just after Peeta was completely cured with a few flashbacks now and then, after his hijacking and I managed to get him understand how much I really love him.

We're not looking into the camera. We're looking straight at each other, with so much love in our eyes, anyone can see that, even though the photo is taken from the side and you only see our profiles. The photo was taken only about one second before our lips meet each other, we didn't even know that Annie took the photo back then.

When I see this photo, I come to think of how much has changed except the one thing: how much I always will love my Peeta. I love him so much that I almost start to cry at the thought of that we actually is getting older, I mean we're fifty, half way through life already.

Though people guessing that Peeta and I are around thirty. Our appearance is one thing that haven't changed that much, we don't have a single gray hair and we look much younger than we actually are. I love it though, so don't get me wrong, and I've not been feeling so old either but it's just ... I always think of Haymitch and I worry so damn much about him, because it's really begun to show that he is around eighty nine.

I'm afraid it will be the end soon. Peeta knows everything I feel about this and I know that he feels the same way. He is alway there to comfort me and I do everything I can to comfort him as well, but mostly it's enough for me to hold him in my arms and he feels a lot better, I really don't know why though. But he says it's because the only thing he need is to be close to me when he has a hard time. Oh I love him so much, no matter how old we get.

"Katniss?!"

I get snapped back to reality.

I blink hard one time and I see Peeta waving his hand in front of my face. By the looks of it, I think that he must have been standing there for a while, while I've been standing and looking at the photo.

I look at him and I see that he frowns.

"How long have you been standing there?" I ask and look at him instead of the photo.

"About five minutes", he says.

Five minutes? Five whole minutes and I didn't notice him at all? How deep in my thoughts was I?

"Oh my goodness Peeta, I'm so sorry", I say as he takes off his pants to put on a pair of soft pants.

He laughs.

"Baby, why are you saying sorry?" He asks.

"I don't know, because I didn't notice you, maybe", I say and smile shyly.

He takes off his shirt and I feel my legs tremble.

Oh I really hope that he doesn't notice. But really it doesn't matter, I mean he do know that I'm week for his looks.

But I think I'm being stupid actually. We've been married for seventeen years and been a couple for thirty one years, but Peetas fit body, still makes my legs tremble.

Peeta laughs, put his hands around my waist and pull me close while my arms end up around his neck. And I lean my forehead.

"Peeta ... Do you think we're getting old?" I whisper.

"Huh?"

"Yeah, answer honestly", I say.

Peeta strokes my hair and I sniff on his scent. Oh he smells so damn good.

"No baby, no I don't think that, and for the record, you're as beautiful as you've always been, so don't even try that okay!" He says, he knew that I would start asking about that as well.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

Suddenly Peeta starts running backwards, taking me with him. But he stumble down on his back when the bed gets in the way of his legs and I fall on top of him.

I start laughing along with Peetas laughter.

Peetas lips crash onto mine and his tongue finds it's usual way into my mouth. I let out a sound of satisfaction before I flip Peeta around and he ends up on top of me instead.

Peeta remove his lips and I groan in frustration when he does that. I really hate it when he stops right in the middle of this kind of kiss, a kiss that make me what to do so much more, and he know that, so I know that he does this on purpose.

"Do you still think we're old?" He asks, smiling slyly and wink his eyebrows at me.

"Shh", I say frustrated grabbing his hair and pulls him down over me completely.

His warm chest make me all warm.

His hands are all over my body, just as mine are on his. I rip his pants off and soon follows my nightgown which Peeta rip off me.

And the rest of the night, like every other night, becomes a blur.

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Heey you guys, what did you think about this chapter? I really wanna know that, so please tell me.

Please vote and comment, please to make my day better.

-Josephine xx