Chapter 19: Is she dead?

Chapter 19

-Rye-

I open my eyes and sit up in the bed I'm lying in. I'm in a white room that only contains the bed.

The last thing I remember is that I punched and kicked on the people who kept me away from Willow when we boarded the hovercraft.

I remember that Willow had stopped breathing and with the knife still in her stomach.

She's dead. She's dead! That's the only thing I can think of. She's dead!

No! No, she can't be dead! She can't, she just can't! I need my big sister. I can't manage without her. I can't, she has always been there for me. Always. She can always make me smile. Always. She can always make me laugh. Always. She always has my back. Always. She has never been that kind of sister that is ashamed of her little brother, on the contrary, she has always presented me with pride, no matter if I've been rude to anyone she knows but I don't.

"WILLOW!" I roar.

It just comes out of my throat, and I don't even know why, because I'm quite sure of the fact that no one can hear me.

I put my face in her hands and feel the tears formning a puddle in my hands.

I see a couple of clothes lying on the edge of the bed.

I step out of bed and takes off the bed robe I have on and get dressed in the clothes that are available in here.

I walk along the walls and look after a trap or something. Something that leads out of this room.

How the hell am I supposed to get out of here?

I find nothing. Nothing!

Oh it feels weird to be in a room without a door or a window, or something that connects me to reality.

"Hello?!" I shout into thin air. "Hello! Where the hell am I?"

I don't get a respons of course. As if I believed that from the beginning.

I sit squatting on the floor with my head between my legs.

"Aaaaaahhh!" I shout.

Do they want to make me insane or something? Because I feel that's where I'm going.

But I hear a different sound and looks up.

I get so surprised that I fall down flat on my butt.

There's a hole in the wall in front of me. I feel suspicious but I don't hesitate one second before I jump up on my feets and fly out of the hole.

I end up in a corridor.

What is this, a horror movie or something?!

Fuck this!

I run along the corridor until I hear voices and see lights in the end of the corridor.

When I come into the room, I see only Skyler, my assistants and Auntie Effie.

"Auntie Effie!" I shout and throw myself into her arms.

"Rye", she says tearful and stroke my hair gently.

"Where's Willow?" I ask and pull away. "Where is she?"

Aunt Effie looks at me. She has tears in her eyes.

I feel paralyserad all over my body.

Willow can't be dead. She just can't. I won't accept that! I won't, I need her.

Tears start flowing from my eyes and my whole body hurts.

"No..." I cry. "Noo ... She ... She can't be... She just can't be..."

"No. No Rye! She's not dead, she's alive!" Auntie Effie says fast.

"What are you trying to do? Give me a heart attack or something?!" I yell.

Auntie Effie smiles.

"No, but you didn't let me talk before you jumped to a conclusion Rye", she laughs. "You really shouldn't do that you know, sweetie".

I take a deep breath and sigh low.

Auntie Effie's right. I shouldn't do that ... Wait a minute now ... Did I just say that Auntie Effie was right? Hehe ... A first time for everything right?

"But where is she?"

"Somewhere else", Auntie Effie answers.

Why can't I know where she is? And where's Mama and Papa?

"But why? And where are Mama and Papa?" I demand.

"Neither you or Willow get to meet each other or your parents before the interview, you'll be reunited on stage".

Why is that? Wasn't that the way they did to Mama and Papa after their first Hunger Games?

"Why?" I ask and try ro control my temper but I feel anger slowly build up inside of me.

I saw my sister basically die in front of my eyes and I can't see her after I found out that she's really alive? I'm twelve years old and have just gotten out of a murder game but I can't meet my parents? What the hell?

"For many reasons Rye, but I can't tell you anything", Auntie Effie said.

This is fucking bullshit! Does she really think that I'll believe that?

The anger is getting higher and higher inside my body and I feel my face heat up.

"But go with Skyler and your assistants so you can get ready for tonight Rye", Auntie Effie says who anticipating danger.

I stare angrily and accusingly at her as I feel the assistants begin to pull me somewhere.

I sigh.

Why is it always me who ends up to adapt myself to everyone?

Well I guess it's like that when you're a kid. But I'm tired of it.

Well, I'll get to meet Mama, Papa and Willow tonight anyway. But until than, I have to keep control over my temper, but it isn't easy without my family that I love so much.

~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~

Hey, I hope you liked this chapter you guys.

Please vote and comment what you thought of it :)

-Josephine xx