Chapter 23: Home

Chapter 23

-Willow-

The cameras flashes is blinding me for a moment.

Mama and Papa are standing in front of me and Rye and in front of Mama and Papa, grandpa Haymitch and Auntie Annie stands.

"Rye!" I hear someone shout.

I directly hear that the voice belongs to Katie.

Rye is looking at me. He wants permission to run up to her.

I laugh.

"Go!" I say and hits him playfully on the arm.

"Will!"

"Hunter!" I shout.

I run up a bit and look around before I see Hunter standing there with the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face.

"Will!"

"Hunter!" I shout and run over to him.

I run straight into his open arms. His arms wraps around me and I push him close to me.

"Welcome home, Will", he says and I hear that he's crying. My best friend is crying over the fact that I'm home.

"Oh Hunter thank you, it's so good to be home again", I say and lean my head against his chest.

I curse myself over that I make it sound as if I've come home from a long vacation. It was everything else other than a vacation.

We break away and look at each other. Hunter wipe his tears and just stands there and smile at me. But only halfhearted. I see his eyes wander to my belly sometimes. But I can also see that he's going to save his questions for later.

"So ... How've you been?" I ask.

The cameras keeps taking pictures of us all.

Hunter looks at me like I'm joking with him or something.

"Well, I only saw my best friend fight for herself for her life with her little brother", he says and pretend to think for a few seconds. "So I must say; not so good".

I understand how my question must have sounded in Hunter's ears, now that I'm  thinking about the question. Oh how stupid I am.

"Oh Hunter, I'm so sorry, that was a really stupid question", I say.

"No, it's okay, I had Felix to cry together with, so it's okay", he says, and suddenly it sneaks a little smile up on his lips.

"What?" I ask and look at him a little suspiciously.

Hunter pointing at something behind me.

"When you speak of the devil..." He says and I turn around.

My heart jumps up in my throat.

There I see Felix walking towards us while he's watching us with a smile on his face.

"Felix..." I whisper. But before I know it, I scream: "FELIX!"

Everyone around falls silent and looks at me, but I really don't give a damn about them right now.

I'm starting to run up towards Felix and when I reach him, I jump into his arms and hooks my legs around his waist and he holds me up.

I throw my arms around his neck and my lips crash lands on his. While I kiss him, I feel like I want to cry, but I keep the tear inside of me.

Felix pulls off his lips to look at me.

First, I fear that he'll let me down, so I keep a firmer grip around his waist with my legs. But he keeps me up.

I hold my breath while my hands slowly glide from his back to his chest, I may look like I caress him with my hands, which really ... Is the case.

"I love you too Willow", he says.

Too? Sohe remembers that I told him that in live broadcast.

I let my breath out. But tears start flowing at the exactly same time.

"I'm so sorry I didn't said anything before", I whisper.

"No, no, shh, no it's fine, if anything it's my fault, Willow", he says, close to tears as well, but he's better to hold them in than me.

I throw my arms around his neck again but this time I only hug him tight.

Suddenly I hear applause. Now I'm very aware of how everyone are watching us.

I see my family. Rye looks like he'll burst with joy any second. Mama looks at us with nothing but love in her eyes, but yet something painful and Papa, you can't really read at all, but he still has a wide smile on his lips. Sunny on the other hand looks like she just found out that I'm also here. Oh my sweet baby sister.

I jump down from Flix and Sunny immediately runs over to us and I carry her up and hugs her tightly. Oh Sunny. I missed her so much.

Did she watch the Games? Oh I really hope not because she really is a smart kid, but I guess she did.

I hold her close to me while I walk to Uncle Gale and Aunt Julie.

"Uncle Gale, Auntie Julie... Did she see the Games?" I ask.

They look at me and nods.

Oh great!

I sigh and put Sunny down, and Auntie Julie and Uncle Gale pulls me into a hug each.

But suddenly someone drags me in another hug. And I realize that it's Finn.

I hug Finn back when I realize it's him.

Papa told me how much Finn has always loved me. When he was angry, I was the only one who could make him happy again, for example.

I feel something squeezing both of my legs. I look down and see that Rue and Primrose hugs my legs.

Rue and Primrose are the two twin girls of Finn and Cassidy Odair. They are five years old, just like Sunny, but Sunny is a couple of months older than Rue and Primrose.

"Hey you guys", I say, bending down and hugging them both.

When I stand up, I end up in the arms of Cassidy.

I giggle. I love Cassidy, she's only nine years older than me and understands me to the fullest.

When Cassidy releases me, she spins me around and I spin right into the arms of Felix.

He laughs and leans me to one side, like guys used to do when they dance with a girl.

I giggle before his lips silence me.

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Hey you guys, I hope you liked this chapter, and you're getting more late on :)

Please vote and comment to tell me what you thought :D

-Josephine xx