Chapter 32: The train

Chapter 32

-Peeta-

"Here are your seats, I hope you'll have a good trip Mr. and Mrs. Mellark", the lady at the check in, to the train says.

We wanted to say goodbye to everyone, especially our kids, but we couldn't find any of them, but we had to go, otherwise we would miss the train.

"Thank you so much", Katniss says and takes our seat tickets.

The lady smiles.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about this", she suddenly says and turns around to take out something.

I look at Katniss and she looks at me with raised eyebrows. I shrug and turn to the lady again who also turns back to us.

She gives me an envelope.

"Mama and Papa!" Katniss reads aloud from my side with her eyes on the envelope.

"Who did you get this envelope?" I ask the lady.

"I promised not to tell you, Mr. and Mrs. Mellark", the lady says and looks guilty.

She can't tell us? What the fuck? Don't we have the right to know who wants us to have this letter?

Or it's obvious that it's from our children but I really don't think that it was our children who came here and gave this lady the letter.

"Did any of our children give you this?" Katniss asks.

She says nothing but she shakes her head.

What did I say? I knew it, but who did?

"Honey, we have to go on board now", Katniss says and starts pulling my arm.

We board the train and find our way to our seats. Or no, not seats, it's a compartment. A compartment with a bed, a small sofa, a coffee table, a mirror and a small bathroom.

"Oh..." Katniss groans and throws herself on her back onto the bed.

"What is it?" I ask and sits down beside her and pull her legs up in my lap and start massaging them.

"I don't know..." She says. "It's just ... Oh forget it".

Though it feels like I already have. As if I've forgotten something really important. It's really frustrating that I can't remember something I think I should've remembered. I feel a wave of guilt wash over me for no reason at all.

Oh please why can't I remember?

"Peeta?"

I get snapped back to reality. Katniss is now sitting up and she's moved so she sits in my lap.

I wrap my arms around Katniss and lay down on the bed.

We just lay there, holding each other while we feel the train start to move and take us away from District 12.

"Peeta?"

"Yes baby?"

"It feels ... It feels like I've forgotten something I really should remember", she says uncertain.

I frown. She has that feeling as well?

"Me too", I say.

"What?" Katniss asks and sits up.

I follow her by sitting up as well.

"Is it true?" She asks, looking at me.

I nod.

Katniss shuts her eyes hard and hit her palm against her forehead as if she has headache.

"Oh..." She groans angrily.

I take out the envelope.

"Do you want us to read it?" I ask and stick the envelope in her lap.

She nods and opens the envelope to read aloud.

"Hey Mama and Papa,
Don't worry about us, we have a really great time with our Aunts and Uncles, we miss you two like crazy though, but we do understand that you deserve to have alone time with each other. Don't think that we're trying to get rid if you, because we're not, we're trying to help you take care of you yourselves for once, because you deserve it, and remember that we do this because we love you so much. And we really think that you're the world's best parents so don't worry about anything, just take care of yourselves right now!

Hugs and kisses Willow, Rye and Sunny".

I look at the letter. Willow wrote it. She's the one in the family that writes the most beautiful, or they all say I do, but I'm a painter as well and Willow's not so she really does write the best.

"Oh our sweet baby girl", Katniss whisper and leans her head in the crook between my neck and shoulder.

"Yeah", I say. "But what do you think we should do?"

Katniss looks at me with one raised eyebrow.

"Well..." She says and starts making circles with her finger on my chest, making me shiver, while she looks me straight in the eyes. "They did tell us to take care of ourselves".

I chuckle and Katniss pushes me down on my back.

Katniss pulls off my shirt and sits on my legs bent over me and starts kissing my neck.

"Eh ... Katniss..." I moan.

"Shh", she hisses and keeps kissing my neck before she starts to work her way down.

Katniss opens my pants and pulls them down ... with her teeth.

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Hey you guys, did you like this chapter? I know that it wasn't very long, but did you like what you read?

Please vote and comment to tell me, pretty please.

-Josephine xx