Chapter 36: Explaining

Chapter 36

-Peeta-

Our wedding anniversary! How could I forget? Oh I knew that it was something that had to do with Katniss, but I couldn't remember what I forgot ... Oh she must really hate my guts right now, I'm the world's worst husband ever.

I turn around to Katniss and she turns to me.

"I can't believe that I forgot!" We both shout at the same time.

Katniss eyes fills with tears and is very close to cry. And she does. Oh how I hate to see her cry. No I mean I really HATE to see my beautiful wife cry, it really breaks my heart to see her cry.

Suddenly I totally forget everyone else around us. The only thing I see is Katniss. I think that she also has forgotten everyone else, because she starts to beep loudly, which she never does if someone other than me is with her.

"Oh my godness Peeta, I'm so sorry I forgot our wedding anniversary", Katniss cries panicked and take a step away from me. "You must really hate me now".

I grab her arm before she can go too far away from me.

"No!" I say. "No don't say that, I also forgot Katniss, so you were right, we forgot the same thing".

I pull her close to me.

"Don't ever say that again, I could never ever hate you, baby", I say. "You're far to wonderful, and you make my life sunny no matter how dark it can get".

"I love you Peeta", Katniss says and buries her face in my shirt.

"I love you too Katniss", I say. "So, so, so much".

Suddenly we hear applause and jumps.

We look forward and I realize that no one, neither person nor camera, had missed a single word of what we said.

"I heard you say my name Papa!" Sunny shouts sweetly with her toddler voice, runs up to us and throws herself into my arms.

I carry her up while everyone else laughs at what Sunny said. Because even though I didn't say her name, I technically did, she's names after the sun, and I said sunny, which of course is her name... But I didn't ... Oh well, I get a headache of thinking about that, it sounds so weird.

"Whose idea was this?" Katniss asks when we go the few steps that exists between us and the others.

Everyone points at Willow and Rye.

"Yeah well my heart broke when I saw Mama all sad in the kitchen", Willow says with a puppy face.

"Yeah and when Willow told us, I wanted to do everything I could to make Mama happy again", Rye says, also with a puppy face.

"And we knew that Papa also was sad about the same thing, but it's much trickier to find out the truth from him, because he's so good to hide things he don't want anyone else to know about", Willow continues. "And you've had so much to think about with everything that has happened that you forgot your wedding anniversary, but we others didn't, so we wanted to surprise you".

"Yeah because you two are worth everything good in life", Finn says.

"When did you guys get here?" I ask when the thought suddenly struck me.

"Well yesterday, the cameras filmed everything with the preparations and filmed their measured on Finnick, everyone was completely ecstatic of the fact that he's alive", Cassidy says.

"So when you two disappeared yesterday..." Katniss starts.

"... We went to the train station where everyone else was waiting for us", Finn says. "But we didn't take the train, we took a hovercraft Plutarch sent to us, it would take too long with the train, and we needed to get here as soon as possible".

I start laughing. We really have a crazy family and friends. But they're the best.

"What about the letters?" Katniss asks.

"Hehe that was for our own little fun, some of us was always near you two, and filmed your reactions", Finnick laughs.

"At the train too?" I ask.

Katniss stiffens beside me.

"No? How could we when we were already here in District 4?" Annie asks.

I shrug as it was nothing. But it was. I mean what if they actually had filmed us on the train, then they would have caught me and Katniss fight, and that wouldn't have been too much fun.

"Who called Caesar?" Katniss asks.

"Plutarch did, and Effie called Plutarch, and Haymitch called Effie", Delly says. "Effie came to 12 first and helped us with your snuggle night".

Snuggle night? Haha Delly knows very well that we did a lot more than that, everyone knows that, but there are children here, so it wouldn't be all too good if she said what our night was really about.

"I also helped", Sunny said. "Rue and Primrose too".

"Of course you did, and you we're very useful", Felix says sweetly too them. But when they didn't see, everyone else shakes their heads with wide smiles.

Katniss starts laughing. She pulls Willow and Rye close to her in a big bear hug, and they pull in me and Sunny in their hug. But soon everyone else tag along and embraces us, so we become one very big blob of people.

"Guys ... Can't ... Breath..." I choke out, because I somehow managed to end up right in the middle with Katniss and Sunny, but I protect them from getting choked to death.

We get a bit clumsy when we are so many people huggning, so we lose the balance and falls down into the sand roaring with laughter.

I breath out, happy to take a deep fresh breath and feel the the oxygen return to my lungs.

Now I see that many people from the District stands around us all and laughs at how silly we must look like. But I can't be bothered. I'm just too happy right now.

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Heeey did you guys like the chapter? Did you not like it? Please tell me.

Please vote and comment to tell me you guys :) pretty please ;)

-Josephine xx