Chapter 2: Answers and sadness

Chapter 2

-Peeta-

I feel the tears flowing down my eyes. How the hell did our childrens names end up here? They don't even live in the Capitol, they live in District 12. How did this happen?

Everyone gasps. Caesar and Plutarch runs up to us and looks at the papers.

I turn to Plutarch, furious. Has he berayed us?

"What the hell is the meaning of this?" I scream in his face. "What the hell Plutarch?"

I don't even care that the cameras are still here, still filming and the audience crying and gasping.

I see that Katniss is about to fall so I catch her right in time.

"I want answers now! Right now!" I shout while I keep holding Katniss who shakes violently and cries against my shoulder.

"Peeta I don't know, honestly, I wouldn't do this, never!" Plutarch says.

I look at him for a second before I decide to believe him, he looks way too sad to have done this. Caesar actually does cry.

"No, that's really true, and he can't take the credit, because the honor is all mine", A voice shouts and we all turn around.

"Fiona?" Plutarch asks.

And who the hell is Fiona, other than our children's killer that is?

"Yep, I rigged the bowls so that the Mellark kids ended up in the Games, and now they have to compete", she shouts happily.

The whole audience roar angrily at her and she just bows.

My pulse is raised abnormally much and my eyes narrows. And suddenly Katniss comes to life.

"What the hell? Who the hell are you and what do you want with my family?" She yells.

"Katniss ... That, that's Fiona ... Fiona Coin, she's Coin's granddaughter", Plutarch says carefully. "Well secret granddaughter".

"Exactly, and you Mockingjay, you killed my grandmother, so this is my revenge, now I can die in peace, and if you Mr. President want to captivate me, go right ahead", she says, holding out her hands and two peacekeepers puts handcuffs on her.

"I have an idea", Plutarch says and suddenly runs away until he disappears.

What? Idea? What idea?

The peacekeepers begins to lead Fiona out, but Katniss stops them.

"Wait!" She shouts and starts to walk up to them.

What is she doing? I follow her. When I see Fiona I feel nothing but hatred.

"Our children are nothing but innocent, they did nothing, they just has us as parents, but they didn't exactly choose us! Your grandmother, she wasn't innocent at all. When Peeta was hijacked she sent him out to my group during the war, in hopes that he would kill me and she would be rid of me, and she would have a reason to kill Peeta too", Katniss says with tears flowing. She doesn't even sound angry, just destroyed. "Our children are pure and good, your grandmother, she wasn't a good person, and I guess that you take after her, because you want to harm innocent children, even this Game was her idea!"

Katniss turns around and crash lands in my arms and cry even more.

The peacekeepers takes out Fiona and when I can't see her anymore, my hatred turns into the sorrow I felt before and it's more painful than any pain I've ever known. My innocent two children are going into the Hunger Games. That's what Katniss and I thought could never happen, and now it did.