Sympathy

Thwaites

"Stop!" I place both hands flat against the frame of the blondie's red Jeep.

They all step out of the car and stare at me.

"May I help you?" The girl with the chestnut hair takes a step closer to me. Her eyes matched the color of her hair and her lips were slightly quirked up.

"Yes, you may."
"I'm here to collect her belongings..." There she goes blinking at my deep impatient tone.

"And who would that be?" She quirks an eyebrow and although I admired her features, I despised her attitude.

I stress on my jaw before I take a step backwards and smile at the three of them.

"The fourth girl who was with you. The brunette?"
"This high..." I hold my hand up to level my chest.
"Gorgeous wide brown eyes..."
"Innocent face, full lips-" I stop when they all wince.
I chuckle pitifully.

"She's staying over at my place."
"She sent me to you to bring up her things." I put back on my straight face.

"We don't have anything of hers-" The girl with the chestnut hair instantly retorts.

I stress on my jaw again and look her dead in the eye.

"I'm going to ask for her things one more time..." I pull one finger up before her face.

"If you stall, you're not leaving this place..." I force a smile.

She quirks an eyebrow and then stands straight before she eyes me challengingly.

Good thing the skinny raven-head wasn't up for the challenge because a moment later, she's approaching me with a black bag in hand.

"We don't want to have any trouble with him now do we?" She eyes her girl friends and I continue eyeing the red head.

"Hallelujah..." I chuckle.

"A girl with an actual nut in the nutshell." I smile at her and wink back at the two dimwits before I look through the bag for a phone.

Once I find one, I decide to take off.

"Alright, enough games."
"You're leaving now!" I enter my room and shut the door behind me not giving a fuck if I'll startle her out of her sleep.

"Hey princess!" I walk to the other side of the bed to be able to see her sleeping face.

"Argh..." I grunt before I slop down on the bed and shake her shoulder.

"I got you your bag, can you please wake up and tell me where you live so I can take you home and find peace in my own bed again?" I speak all at once.

She moves her nose like a cat plays her whiskers and then shifts in her sleep again.

I decide to look through her bag again until I retrieve her phone.

I read the notifications she had on her lock screen and look for anything important.

Seven missed calls from a person named Harry W. and three others from her sister or perhaps a girl named Sissy, and one missed call from an anonymous caller.

A moment later the same unnamed number calls again.

"Hey..."
"Your phone is ringing..." I elbow her but she doesn't waiver. Instead, she shifts to her other side facing away from me.

I answer the caller and hope it's someone who'd come and take her away.

"Hello?" I get off of the bed.