Friendly cuddle my ass...

Thwaites

I was staring at myself in my own bathroom's mirror, gripping the sink, wanting to smash my reflection.

How could I?
But no! How could she?
She was the sober one. She was thinking straight.
She was high but still thinking straight...
How could she let this happen?

I was the one who wasn't thinking straight.
The liquor and all the cigarettes turned me into a ball of mush...

"Friendly cuddle my ass..." I whispered before I splashed my face with water.

I went out of the room as soon as I could.
I knew she wasn't sleeping, she pretended to be, just until I left the room.

I went to the kitchen and set the coffee pot on before I lit up a cigarette.

I pulled myself up onto the kitchen counter and drowned in my own thoughts again.

Moving her into my room was a bad decision.
It's a room, with a bed in it, and two people of opposite sexes. Some-thing was bound to happen...

Nala steps into the kitchen and frowns at me, waving a hand over her face and frowning at the smell of smoke.

"Whatever happened to taking it outside brother?" She quirked an eyebrow my way before helping herself to a cup of coffee.

I didn't reply to her and simply turned on the kitchen's hood fan.

I didn't usually smoke anywhere inside the house.

I hear a door open and my heart sinks.

Act cool...

I mentally rolled my eyes.

Thompson

My head was heavy and I was drenched in my own sweat.
I forced my legs to take me into my room.

Good thing; it was nine. I still had two hours to freshen up and look presentable for the photoshoot. Well, for Anis...

I picked up my towel and my toiletry bag before I left my room to enter the bathroom.

I take my time in the shower, not bothering if Nala wanted to pee or even wash her hands. I needed this...

I scrubbed my whole body and shaved it clean, applied the cucumber face mask packet that Madonna gave me for ten minutes, and dried my hair before brushing it.

I stared at my face in the mirror for a while there, wondering if just a kiss made a difference...
I was a bit flushed but I assumed it was just the steamy weather in the bathroom. Or was it the mask?

Every time the memories flashed before my eyes my heart sunk.
They were black... The images from my memories.
It was dark, I didn't get a face or a body. It was just a feeling.
An intense blind memory that triggered all kinds of emotions.

I hated myself anyway...
For letting it happen.
And it was not because he asked me not to let it happen, I knew he wanted it as much as I did, I felt it...
It's because everything is going to change now.

I promised him a friendly cuddle.
I promised it would mean nothing to me.
It wasn't a friendly cuddle, and maybe it doesn't mean anything other than a stupid whim now, but I remember very well how I felt last night.
I was on an emotional roller coaster that only went up...

He did nothing but warn me...

"Damn it Tess..." I seeth, shutting my eyes hard before I stormed out of the bathroom and into my room.