Dancing in the streets.

"Wait." David hisses.

I can feel the panic screaming from my facial expression, what was he about to say?! What was I about to say?!

"Ros." He sighs and looks into my round brown eyes that were beginning to gloss with salty water, and without even moving his eyes from mine, he switches on the stereo and Heroes begins to play. "Dance with me." He says without it being a question.

"What?" I squeak.

"Dance with me." He instructs again.

I feel it's rude to say no, though however I feel it's rude of him to change the subject and to interrupt me!

I get out the car, slam the door shut and take his hand in my cold one; my other arm goes behind his neck and his takes my waist. Together, in the middle of the road, with Heroes blaring at full volume, we begin sweeping round the concrete, laughter fills me, we're actually dancing! The street lamp above us becomes our orange spotlight, David picks me up and cradles me so I feel protected in his arms. Singing close to my face I can feel the heat of his skin radiate off of him, I felt safe and happy as he slowly rocks me side to side, like you would to a child to get them to fall asleep. Who else dances in the street in the middle of the night with the man they love? The famous rockstar they love?! This had to be heaven, paradise, my dreams! My smile widens, the song beat carries us on dancing until it fades away into the next song on the album. I'm breathless as he puts me back on the ground, David's supporting me still, just in case I fall over.

His mixed eyes gaze back at mine and just as he leans down to kiss me smoothly, I finally let the guilt fall from my lips. "I'm pregnant."

I hear his sigh. Was it a sigh of happiness? Defeat? I couldn't tell! He leans away, and my lips are left untouched...

"I knew something was wrong." He mumbles. "I knew you were hiding something from me." He looks away and into the distance.

"I never wanted to hide-"

"I know my darling..." He purrs then kisses my head. "Is it mine?" He asks hopeful looking right into my eyes.

"I'm-" I stutter feeling the sickness grow inside of me. "I'm not sure." I admit, the sickness was getting almost unbearable now.

David says nothing, just takes my hand again and rests his other on my waist and sways me to his music. "I don't care whose it is."

"You don't?" I can't really be sure which song is playing now, this conversation seemed much more important.

"No." He gulps. "Just as long as you'll let me stay."

"Of course I will." I feel tears fill my eyes more now.

"Why did we choose Heroes to dance to, huh?" David smirks. "We're in the middle of the road, dancing!" He chuckles.

"We should've had you and Jagger singing." I rest my head on David chest and hear his heavy heartbeat bounce and send vibes through my ear.

"No, Heroes was perfect." He says still swaying me.

"I agree."

We sway like a boat would in the water, and amazingly, I didn't feel sick from the motion.

"Do you wish I wasn't pregnant?" I ask close to his chest.

He spins me out of our dance position and then turns me in again so I'm back in his hold.

"I could never wish that, Ros." He purrs. "I'm just still slightly in shock, that's all."