Brothers.

"Happy birthday Tommy!" David jumps excitedly.

"Happy birthday, Major." I kiss Tommy's cheek and see his face glow.

"Thanks mum and dad-" Tommy realises what he's just said and all our faces turn to pure shock.

Ziggy, surprisingly, looks the most relaxed about this. All Ziggy wanted was for us to be a proper family, and maybe, by Tommy calling David his dad, was a way for that to begin.

"I'm sorry, David." Tommy mutters.

"No, no." David whispers. "Don't you dare be sorry, Tommy. It's an honour to be even considered a father figure in your eyes!"

Tommy blushes, and I'm warmed by David's words. David grabs my waist, and my hand stretches round his neck. I gazed into his eyes that came to life once his met mine, I can't help but smile and he kisses my forehead. "I love you my darling." He hushes to me.

I hadn't heard him say it for what felt like forever, things were finally falling back into place! I was going to make Ziggy happy again, I was going to make Tommy's birthday memorable, filled with love and happiness and of course, David's beautiful singing voice.

"I love you too." I finally get out, the boys look at us and I feel my cheeks turn a sunset red and Ziggy smiles wider.

Without Ziggy even saying anything to me, he could see I was happy, and in return I could tell he was happy... Or at least happier than he was.

"Shall we open presents?" I ask Tommy who sits patiently.

He nods cheerfully, trying to contain his excitement. David and I place bags of presents on the table in front of my 8-year-old son. He bursts in happiness and dives into the presents, tearing the paper right off. Each present, more thankful than he was for the last. David bought him so much, too much. But Tommy knew how lucky he was. David's main present to Tommy was a plane ticket to America; as well as tickets for me and Ziggy, he said he had news for us all once we were there. Of course, the boys were ecstatic to fly over to the States, to where David had lived for many years.

Once the presents were done, I turned the lights out and David lights the candles and begins to sing the words:

"My Mamma said, to get things done, you better not mess with Major Tom..."

I feel my body shiver, the song, Ashes to Ashes, had such bad memories for me, but David's voice soothes the pain of that day when I nearly burned to death. David carries the cake, singing the same line over and over again, the candle lights make David's perfect face glow sunrise orange, a warm orange and I couldn't have felt more complete watching him walk slowly towards the birthday boy.

"Make a wish Tommy." I purr and Tommy huffs a large breath out to blow his 8 candles.

Two attempts later, we're clapping in darkness, cheering. My hands stumbling over the bumps in my wall to finally find the switch and lightness floods the house again.

David already starts to cut into the cake, and then suddenly I heard 3 loud bangs on my front door. Both mine and David's head whips around to the sound.

Uncertain who it was, I eagerly head for the door. Maybe it was El dropping off Tommy's present, or the postman wanting a signature for a parcel David had ordered, or-

"Angie...?" I can barely catch my breath, the woman was vile, I didn't want her anywhere near my house! She still looked model-like, still had an edge of glamour, however still had bleached blonde hair and a face plastered in makeup. I then noticed, stood tall next to her was a young teenager, his hair, not as honey coloured as Ziggy's, in fact, he looked rather normal to be a child of Bowie's. "Zowie?"