Chapter 20

hello guys! here comes chapter 20!

Sorry for the errors and the short chapter!

Thank you for reading <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here I was following the devil again. Will I ever learn? I sighed quietly at my mind scolding me. I looked at his back following his muscles up to his broad shoulders down his arms... His muscled flexed with every step he took. I felt myself blush at my observation. Oh god I'm literary checking out the devil. I groaned a bit too loud and Azazel began to chuckle. Did I say anything out a loud? My blush spread too my whole face and right at this moment Azazel chooses to stop and turn around to look at me.

"You alright love?" He asks clearly amused by my red face.

"Uhm I think it's a bit too hot here..." I rush... damn that sounded even more embarrassing, think Cass think "I might be getting a fever?" I try again. What is wrong with me?

Azazel literary broke down in laughter. My attempt to a good excuse was failing me and I couldn't help but to laugh with him. I stopped and stared in awe when the angelic part of him showed in the laugh. The sound was pulling me in like a magical melody. My feet moved towards him and I reached for his face, his beautiful face. Azazel stopped laughing and froze in his place. I touched his face with my fingers and caressed his cheek slowly.

Azazel cleared his throat at my action and I froze. Oh god what am I doing. I took a step back scolding myself. What is wrong with me?

"Nothing..." Azazel whispers and I dare to look up at him.

His eyes were staring at the wall behind me and I felt ashamed. He couldn't even look at me. My heart sunk and I was about to turn and run when the door creaked open. Azazel held the door open for me and I entered, my eyes glued to the floor.

"Lo..Cassandra.. please take seat" He spoke. Alright now is the time to be professional and to figure this situation out without any distractions.

Azazel went around the table and sat in the chair opposite me. He looked frustrated and I wanted to ask why but I knew better.

"You..." he began then stopped.

"I ..." he started again but stopped.

He looked confused; can the devil even look confused? I sighed at his attempts and asked my question instead.

"What are my chances of returning home?".

Azazel leaned over his desk with a smirk the suited him as the Devil.

"What home?" he asked.

I thought about his question. Even If I wanted to get out where would I go? My home is gone and Daniel... my heart broke at the memory of him. Daniel. I have no home but I can't stay here with the devil... it's not right.

"Let me rephrase that question... what are the chances you let me go?" I tried. Part of me hoped he would let me go, the other part feared the outside and wanted to stay until I have a better plan and now gazing in to Azazels eyes I wasn't sure I wanted to leave him.

"I cannot let you go Love and you know that" he responded without breaking the connection. I nodded at his response. I was accepting his answer without even a thought of a fight. How is he doing this? Is he controlling me? My emotions? My gaze turned in to a glare.

"Are you controlling me?" I asked not sure what answer I was hoping for.

"No" he whispered breaking the gaze.

I wanted to say something anything but the knock on the door broke me out of my thoughts.

"yes?" Azazel responded to the knock.

I turned to look and saw a maid opened the door and enter. When I looked a bit closer I recognize the maid, it was my maid. She wouldn't look up as she spoke.

"Dinner is ready to be served master"

I felt sorry for her and turned back to give Azazel a stern look.

"Thank you Mia you may leave" he answered her without even fully acknowledging her. Asshole.

I didn't even have time to process my thought when a roar escaped Azazels lips. I looked up at him and noticed he was fuming. What is happening?

"YOU WILL NOT LET THAT THOUGHT ESCAPE YOUR LIPS AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN MY PRESENCE AND NOT EVEN WHEN YOUR NOT" He spoke loudly with so much authority and for the first time I was scared of him.

"I'm sorry?" I whispered, not sure of what I had done. I tried to process his word and stopped. He said Thought... My thought? He heard my thought?!

I stood up this time and leaned towards him, anger fuming in me.

"YOU CAN READ MY THOUGHTS?!" I ask matching his loud voice yet missing his authority.

He smiles a sinister smile when he responds to my question.

"yes".