Chapter 22

Taylor groggily blinked his heavy lids open. 

Where was he? 

He could hear a steady beeping and the light was harsh and white. This was....a hospital? 

Why was he in the hospital? 

Taylor was confused as he tried to sit up. A searing pain ripped through his chest. That was definitely not a good idea. 

He groaned in pain. Immediately, a blonde haired girl with a tear-stained face rushed over. 

"Taylor, oh my God, you're alive!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking into Taylor's kitchen that day changed my life. Blood had still been gushing from his leg and chest when I arrived. There was no doubt in my mind that Joe had done this to get back at me and at Taylor. 

After the paramedics got there, it finally sunk in, Taylor was seriously injured, maybe even dying. He had been in the hospital with multiple stab wounds and a serious concussion for a week before they had to operate on him. An injury near his heart had almost killed him. The surgery saved his life but Taylor had fallen into a bad coma from the head wounds and trauma. 

It had been draining me for the past month. 

The doctor called me over, "Miss Swift, Taylor is awake." 

Tears of joy rushed to my eyes, "Oh my God! Really?" 

He looked at me sadly, "Yes. However, it seems Mr. Lautner is suffering temporary amnesia. He remembers nothing that happened in the past 3-4 months. It will wear off soon, maybe a week or two." 

Despair rushed through me. Taylor wouldn't remember that we were together, he would just remember what I had done to him 5 months ago. How could it get worse? 

"I think it would be best however, for you to go in there and greet him. You are a familiar face as his girlfriend." The doctor escorted me into Taylor's room and I ran to his bedside.

"Who are you?"

------------------------------------------