Chapter 15

I called him.

"Taylor, it's me." There was silence on the other line. I held my breath when he finally spoke. 

"What do you want? I'm on a date." 

My heart fell, "Um I-I just wanted to see how you were doing. Its been a while." 

"Four months." 

I cleared my throat, "Excuse me?" 

He sighed, "It's been four months, Taylor, why are you talking to me?" 

I was about to cry, "I just- I want to know how you're doing, Taylor." 

He made a frustrated sound, "Look, my date is wondering where I am. How about we just meet up for coffee tomorrow? I can tell you in person." 

I nearly leaped in joy, even though he was just saying it to get rid of me. "Sure! Bluebird?" 

He gave a short laugh. "Well of course." 

"See you then."

Taylor sounds so much better, I hope he still has feelings for me. 

But what about Joe? You love him too, and it's not fair to him if you bring Taylor back into the picture.

Yes, I love Joe, but I need to explore my feelings for Taylor. It isn't fair to me if I just leave it.

*********************

Taylor was nervous. 

He hadn't spoken to Taylor in four long months and he had finally just started to get over her. But did he really want to exclude her from his life?

He arrived at the cafe the next day, 10 minutes early.

There she was.

Taylor Alison Swift.

Heartbreaker.

*************

There he was.

Taylor Daniel Lautner

He looked nervous, but incredibly sexy.

"Taylor, it's good to see you." 

He smiled a ghost of his former brilliant smile, "Wouldn't pass up seeing you for the world." I realized, as good as Tay looked, he was still heartbroken, merely a shell of his former self. 

"So how have you been?" I looked at him sympathetically.

Taylor looked up, "I've been great! It took me awhile to get up from that big mess, but I'm great now. I realized we are very different and it wouldn't have worked." 

That stung a little. 

He smiled over at me, "So how have you been? Are you and Joe back together now?"

 I looked down,"Well, no, not yet. We're just friends at the moment, we're still building trust back up again." 

"Yeah I get it." Taylor looked blandly interested.

**********

We stood up and Taylor put a tip on the table. 

"We should do this again?" I said hopefully.

He looked at me apologetically, "I actually have a girlfriend now."