C H A P T E R; 7

Nicole's POV

After mikey walked away, I walked to my room. Funny what he did actually. Acted like he cared but when I didn't want his 'help' he got mad and said i was just doing it for 'attention'. I don't need anyones help though. Everytime someone says they care for me..they leave. Only Morgan has not left me. We have been bestfriends since 5th grade.

"Morgan, Jason doesn't like you! He obviously likes me!" The most popular girl in our grade says. I was watching from a distance. Morgan looked down and frowned. "No" Morgan replied. Then the popular girl pushed Morgan. We were all working in groups and the teacher walked out of the room for a second. I felt sad for the girl so I got up from where i was sitting and walked over to Morgan and the popular girl. "Ew, it's Nicole" the popular girl said. I roll my eyes. "Leave Morgan alone, I'm pretty sure Jason doesn't like you." I said. The popular girl rolled her eyes and asked, "and why is that?" "Because your just a wannabe slut, your 11, just stop!" I reply. "Whatever" the popular girl says flicking her hair in my face walking away, but before she could get far i pushed her. She fell to the ground and started fake crying and then me and Morgan got in trouble. After we left the principals office I speaked up "I'm Nicole" Morgan smiled and said, "Morgan, thanks for that back there. It means alot" i nod "wanna be bestfriends?" Morgan adds looking at me. I nod smiling, "bestfriends."

No one even messed with us after that day.

I change into:

Then put on my maroon converse

Then put on my maroon converse. I walk outside and it was already dark. I checked the time and it was 9:30pm. Where the fuck is Morgan. I decide to text her to make sure everything's good.

N: Hey wyd?

M: oh sorry, im with Bryce we are about to leave the beach and head home.

Oh she was with Bryce..

N: okayy see you then

I put my phone in my back pocket and start walking. It's not that i don't like Bryce, it's just it was our first day here..and she decides to spend it with a guy she barely knows instead of her bestfriend. I hear a door shut and I look around to see Mikey walking towards me. I groan and look at him. "What" i ask. He looks at me, "I came to apologize" he responded. "I don't need your apology, mikey." I say looking at the ground continuing walking. "You know mikey is just my nickname, Michael is my real name." Mikey says. I nod, "kinda caught that" I say. "Anyways..I shouldn't of called you an attention seeker, I dont know anything about you, I want to be your friend, not your enemy Nicole. I know something isn't right and I wanna be there for you." Mikey says in one breath. "That's the thing. When people say they want to be there for me, they leave, when it gets too hard to deal with me.." I reply. He nods and says, "I feel you, alot of people left me too. Maggie just broke up with me, and she won't tell me the reason." Mikey says and frowned. He looked at the sleeve of his hoodie then to the ground. "Anyways.. will you tell me what's wrong? If it's too personal, then don't tell me, but know you can trust me" mikey says and smiles alittle. I nod, "um it's kinda personal, I'd rather tell you when I get to know you more." I reply looking at him. He nods, "sounds good"

Morgan's POV

"You ready to leave?" Bryce asks me looking at the water. "Yeah, thanks for this." I reply and smile. He looks at me and grins, "it was chill but fun," Bryce replies. I nod, "yeah," I say and look at the sand. "Um, could I, maybe have your number?" Bryce stutters. I look up at him and nod trying not to blush. He smiles also and hands me his phone. I put my number in his contacts and save my name as 'Morgan😉". I give him his phone and stand up. I put my clothes back on while my bikini was underneath and held out my hand for Bryce to grab since he was still on the ground. He smiles and grabs my hand, i try pulling him up and he almost stands up but he pulls me into him and I fall ontop of him on the sand. He starts laughing but stops when he realizes how close we were. We stare into each others eyes. I cough and look away. I get off of him and look at him. He stands up and we start walking. 'were we gonna kiss?' I thought. 'ive only known him since today' I thought again.

"So, um, earlier? You zoned out.." Bryce starts. "Oh, um, yeah I was just thinking about some stuff" I reply and smile. I am not about to tell him about what I remembered..

"Well, I know we just met today, but you can always talk to me over anything on your mind. I dont judge, or tell other people." Bryce says looking towards me as we continue to walk. I nod, "thanks, it means alot." I reply. He nods, "I can't wait to go camping" Bryce says. "Yeah, same!" I reply. "With all the hot guys" Bryce says in a girly voice. "Shutup!" I say blushing and playfully push him. He laughs and shakes his head, "your cute when you blush." He says. "Shush" I say blushing while covering my face. "Or nah" he replies. I shake my head. "Yah"