C H A P T E R; 6

MORGANS POV

"What flavor?" Bryce asks me. I look at the menu behind the counter and say, "cookie dough" he smiles and then orders mine and his ice cream. I get money out of my pocket and try giving it to the cashier but Bryce pushed my hand away. "My treat" he said. "Bryce I can pay for myself" I say. He shakes his head and gives the money to the cashier who was checking me out. Bryce coughed and the cashier looked at him. "Erm.. ice cream is being made." The cashier said and walked to the back.

A different worker then came up and gave us our ice creams. We thank her and walk out of the parlor. We walked to the otherside and walked to to the beach. After I ate my ice cream, I sat on a beach towel. Bryce sat beside me and smiled. "Aren't you going swimming?" He asked. I look down. "Actually I was thinking about tanning, if that's okay" I reply. I wanted to get in the water because it was so hot. But it would be a bad idea. "Um okay" Bryce says gazing at the sunset (yes it's about to get dark) "aren't you going swimming?" I ask. "Nah, I'd rather hang out with you" Bryce says and sits back. I nod, "okay"

I take off my shirt and shorts that I changed into before I left. (bikini is underneath her clothes!) I looked over and Bryce was staring at me. I start feeling self conscious and try to cover my body with another beach towel. Bryce looks over at me. "What's wrong?" He asks. "Um..i don't really like my body.." I reply looking down. Bryce sat next to me and put an arm around me. I looked at him and he was staring right into my eyes. "Morgan, you are the most beautiful girl I've ever met, and I'm not lying. No one could actually top you. and I am going to make you love your body. I don't care what I have to do." Bryce says not breaking eye contact. I bite my lip and look away. "Good luck with that" I mumble. He hugs me. I was shocked at first but hug back. "We are going to be really good friends." Bryce mumbles. I nod. Bryce's hugs are nice. Like really nice. He's warm, and he rocks you. I wish boys at my old school were like this though.. im surprised I'm even talking to Bryce. My life is not perfect and never will be.

My ex boyfriend, Christian, would hit me, call me names, and all kinds of other shit. He even tried killing me once but stopped. I remember the day like it was yesterday.

*Trigger warning*

"Hey babe" Christian says in a calm voice. Maybe he isn't angry, And if hes not angry I won't get hurt. I smile and hug him, "hey" he blocks me from coming into his house though. I frown and ask, "is something wrong?" He shakes his head and says, "no, I'm just bu-" "-babe come on!" I hear a high pitched voice cut Christian off. I look at him confused. "Who was that?!" I ask upset. "No one babe, I swear! It's just my...sister" he replies quickly. "Your sister called you babe? And you told me you didn't have a sister!" I yell at him. He looks at me angry now. He grabs my wrist and pulls me into the house. He pushes me up against the wall and stares dead in my eyes."look here slut, you will not ask questions about my life. Unless I give you permission. Now leave." Christian says calmly but I knew he was getting angry. I couldn't hold it in anymore. "Seriously?! I am so done with you! Im not stupid I know you are cheating on me! I can't stand being with you anymore! Im done and we are over! Don't try to get me back because it's not gonna work! Go to your little slut. Bye Christian." I yell and try to open the front door but Christian grabbed my wrist and pushed me into the wall again, then slapped me. He leaned closer to my face and whispered, "You do not get to leave me princess, you will not raise your voice at me again. Yeah that girl I did fuck. But its because you are too insecure for me to even fuck you. But maybe I can." then he smirked and grabbed my wrists and dragged me to the basement. "Let go of me Christian!" I yell kicking and he squeezed onto my wrists harder leaving bruises. "Princess wait here." Christian says walking back upstairs then slammed the basement door shut locking it probably. I look at my wrists and they were red. I sigh and stand up. I see a window and run over to it. I try to open it and it opens. I mentally high five myself. I try to climb out of the window but I slip and fall back into the room hitting my head. I hear the basement door open and I curse under my breath. I try to stand up but I felt like I was gonna pass out. I stand up and see Christian staring right at me. I look down and waited for him to start yelling, and on quae he yelled, "You fucking slut, did you try to leave? You seriously want to get hurt!" He threw something towards me and it hit the wall and broke. He came towards me and i backed up until I hit the wall. He stared at me for seconds and then pushed me onto the ground. He then kicked me repeatedly getting his anger out like I'm a stress ball. I try to ignore the pain but how can you ignore someone kicking you? He stops and leaves the room. I stand up and already knew there was gonna be bruises all over me. I stand up and felt the darkness creep in but I kept my eyes open. He walked back in with something in his hand, a knife. I back up alittle and stare at the knife. "C-Christian what are you doing" I stutter. He shakes his head, "you tried to leave me" he yells. I flinch. He comes closer to me and I couldn't move. I couldn't back up because I'm on the wall and if I took off running he would catch me but that is the only choice I have right now. "C-Christian..you know I would never leave you." I whisper as he leans closer to my face. He then kisses me. I kiss back not wanting to get hurt since he has a knife in his hand. Then I got an idea. I kicked him where the sun don't shine and took off running upstairs. The basement door wouldn't open. Did he lock it? I start hitting the door screaming. Christian got up and looked at me. "Princess, you shouldn't of done that." I turn back to the door and try to open the door. Christian starts walking towards me and the door opens. I hurry and shut the door and lock it behind me. Leaving Christian in the basement. I breath heavily and back up. "Open the door, Morgan" Christian yelled in a whole different voice. I backed up further. I hear banging and then the knife went through the door. I scream and run towards the front door. I open it and run out of the house. It was dark outside most likely everyone is asleep. I took off running down the street trying not to fall. "I'll find you, Morgan!" I hear Christian yell far away.

That was a flashback