C H A P T E R; 29

Nicole's POV

"Okay, where are you taking me? You've been driving for hours" I say and groan. Damon chuckles, "kitten, I've been driving for 5 minutes." He says and I sit back in the passengers seat and sigh. "Still" I mumble. He rolls his eyes and slowly moves his hand towards my thigh but I smack his hand away. "Boi, I will cut your hands off." I say glaring at him. He smirks and pulls into a park, parking lot with woods around it. "Um, if you think I'm about to go into the forest with you, you thought wrong." I say getting out of the car. He gets out also and rolls his eyes, "Why would you think such a thing?" He asks placing a hand on his chest. "I'm hurt, really." He adds and starts fake crying then stops and smirks. "C'mon, imma show you something cool, I promise I'm not gonna hurt you, if that's what your thinking." He says. "Promises are meant to be broken." I say oblivious that he heard that. "Harsh words." He replies. "Harsh world" I mumble and follow him into the forest. "So what're you showing me" I ask dunking under branches so I don't get scratched by the little nature fucks.

"It's my little chill out place I go to when I'm bored." Damon says. "Why are you showing this to me again? And why couldn't we wait until after schools was over?" I ask following him. He turns around and I walk into him without realizing it. "Ouch, kitten" Damon says and wraps his hands around my waist. "Your being extra" I say and try to pull away from him but his grip was strong.

He smelt really good too, don't think that I'm weird, your lying if you say you've never smelt a guy to see if he smelt good.

I groan, "This is why I won't hang out with you." I say bluntly and he sighs and lets go of me and continues walking. "Maybe a clown will come out of nowhere and kidnap you, kitten" He says and i catch up to him. "You'd let that happen?" I ask and fake pout. He glances at me, "Maybe".

He stops walking and I look up to see a treehouse. He smiles and walks towards it. "C'mon kitten" he says and I follow him. He climbs up the ladder as I do too.

We get inside and I look around, there was fairy lights that didn't need to be plugged in and a couch that looked new.

He sits on the couch and pats the seat next to him motioning me to sit down. I slowly sit next to him, "how'd you find this place?" I ask and look at him to see him staring off into the distance. "An old friend that lives here, showed me it." He replies.

I nod, "So, who are you taking to prom?" I ask. "I don't go to proms, kitten." He mumbles. "Well me either, dresses are too much to deal with" I reply and he nods. "Mikey might ask you" Damon says playfully. I roll my eyes, "and I'll say no" I say and he smirks, "You'd say yes to me though." Damon says. "Only in your dreams" I reply. "Dreams can come true, kitten." He mumbles.

I laugh nervously and grab my phone. 4:35pm

"Whatcha wanna talk about?" He asks. I think for a moment. "Why'd you move here?" I ask and he stiffens up and looks away from me. "Just wanted to move, kitten. Nothing special.." he says bluntly.

I bite my lip nervously, "If you tell me the real reason, I'll tell you mine." I say and he chuckles. I furrow my eyebrows and look at him. "What?" I ask. He turns to me, "let me guess...You either wanted to just move to L.A to get away from your family, or crazy ex boyfriend?" He asks showing no emotion. "The second one kinda.." I mumble. He nods, "Well mines the first one..kinda" he replies. I nod, "My crazy ex followed me here though," I say and he bites his lip, "Mikey?" He asks and I shake my head and laugh, "no, his name's Jake" I reply. "I think I've seen him around school before, does he have a stripe of red hair?" He asks and i nod. "Yeah, I didn't even know he went to the school.." I reply.

He bites his lip again, damn, it was hot. "Well, my dad left my family which included my mom and Leanne..He left for the reason I don't actually know. One day we all woke up and his stuff was gone along with him. I don't know why he would leave..I didn't really know anything since I was only like 10, but when I got older I got into drinking and smoking..When I was about 16. I quit recently but I still have an urge to do it. Leanne on the other hand just smoked, she turned into a bad kid, still is but, not as bad now. One day I came home from school and Leanne was already home because she got suspended the day before for getting into a fight. I walk into the house and Leanne and my mom were having an argument. I slowly walk into the kitchen which was where they were and when I walked in I saw my mom slap Leanne. I walk into the kitchen fully so I could be seen and Leanne walks out with a tear stained face. I yelled at my mom, asking why she would do that but she wouldn't answer. She just looked around not daring to look me in the eyes. The only thing she said was that I reaked of cigarettes. She then said that—nevermind, thats the end of my story. We moved after that because my mom kept being an asshole and we were tired of it." He says while looking down. I nod even know I know that he was hiding something but I should just be glad he opened up to me at all. "Your turn, kitten." He replies and tilts his head back. I bite my lip nervously and look outside to see it raining and it was getting dark. It was peaceful and I was okay being in the forest with Damon while it's dark and raining. Crazy right but it was a comfortable feeling.

"Well, what do you wanna know?" I ask and he glances at me. "Everything kitten." He mumbles.

Flashback

"Nicole?! Are you trying to say that we need to breakup? Cause I don't think we need to. Yeah, we aren't, why did you think it was okay to say something like that?" Jake yells at me, pushing me against the wall. "Jake, get off of me!" I yelled trying to push him away from me but he doesn't budge. He grabs my wrists tightly and pulls me closer to him so our faces were inches away til contact. I could tell that he was angry. I close my eyes wishing this would be over but knowing it wasn't going to be any time soon. "I-Im sorry." I mumble and he chuckles. "Your sorry? Yeah okay." He says and lets go of me and turns around so his back was facing me. I stay quiet not wanting him to hurt me.

"Your pathetic" he says and spins around to look at me. I bite the inside of my cheek not daring to reply, but something took over me before I can even stop myself. "I'm done, officially. We are over." I say and run out of his room towards the stairs but before I could get to the stairs he grabs my wrist and pushes me against the wall again. He then slaps me. "But princess, I never said you could leave me." He mumbles and pushes me to the ground which I hit my head hard which resulted into my head pounding and causing an headache. I soon blacked out.

End of flashback

"Nicole?" Damon asked and I blink a couple times and then look at him, "sorry, what?" I ask and smile. He didn't call me kitten? "You kinda spaced out after I told you I wanted to hear everything..Are you okay?" He asks looking at me concerned. I nod slightly, "yeah," I then told him everything, to Jake abusing me, to Derek raping me because Jake paid him to.

Next day

Leanne's POV

"Morgan, no one is ever gonna ask me to prom. Let's face it, I'm a loner, forever!" I say walking down the hallway with my new bestfriend, Morgan.

"Yes you will, your pretty, confident, and have a good personality, plus your hairs always on point." Morgan says. We walk into the cafeteria. Someone then covers my eyes and i start freaking out but I hear Morgan say "it's just me, calm down" I sigh and stand still. I hear movement probably from students walking in then my eyes get uncovered. I open them to see students gathered around me and I furrow my eyebrows. Mikey then comes forward while holding a poster that was blank. He then flips the poster, I read it 'Go To Prom With Me?' 

I lightly smile, why not? I nod and he smiles big. He walks towards me and ingulfs me into a long hug, "thank God" he replies and I laugh alittle. Morgan claps, "yay, now for Bryce to ask me to prom and then everything will be good." Morgan states and I let go of Mikey and turn around to look at her. "What about Nicole—are you guys cool?" I ask Morgan then look Mikey. He shrugs and she sighs, "she doesn't like prom that much," she replies and I nod understanding. I mean who would want to go to a dance with bad music, sweaty people, dresses, and heal?

Everyone goes back to their seats and I was about to walk to my seat until I heard a familiar voice. Fuck.