2. Linked by music

2. Linked by music

Jongin's black hair danced in the air while he was passionately playing an accelerate and extremely hard piece of music. He had no contact with Kyungsoo since a couple of days ago, he hadn't seen him, and he didn't want to.

Jongin was surprised when he realized that his emotional pain was a perfect for increasing his musical ability. As he remembered Kyungsoo and harder the pain of being rejected, he was playing the piano better and better. His teacher congratulated him several time after a perfect performed piece, with a broken heart inside his chest.

As soon as he finished his practice, he stood up with the idea of drinking something. He was physically and emotionally tired in that moment, and resting was more than necessary if he didn't want to ruin his performance. Slowly, he turned around and saw the unmistakable black cello case next to the practice room's door. Surprised, he looked around and his eyes found Kyungsoo's, who was in a corner, blushed.

-It was beautiful- says the older with tears on his eyes- You're amazing. You were so "in" your performance that you even didn't notice when I came in.

-Sorry for that- that's the only thing that Jongin answers, and the other boy says no with his head- You don't have to say sorry... I have to say it, actually. My attitude was absolutely childish, and I'm the one who needs to say sorry because I just left. No one... in my life had said something like that to me... It was hard, you know? I'm terrible with this things... I... I wrote this- Kyungsoo gives him a perfectly folded paper. Jongin couldn't believe he was receiving a positive answer.

The pianist, moved by the words of the young violoncellist, was so happy and concentrated in the detail that he just got, that was not able to notice what was going to happen. On his tiptoes, because of the height difference and with the support of Jongin's shoulders, Kyungsoo dare to join their lips and press them until it hurt. He took advantage of the other's surprise to run away, leaving his cello in the way, so he can run off.

The pianist was there, in the middle of the practice room, standing with a weird expression when one of the conservatory teachers came in seconds later with a blushed Kyungsoo. The teacher explained that part of the contest included a guide for the rehearsals, and he was the chosen one for Jongin and Kyungsoo's duo.

* *

The nice teacher ends up being very exigent at the moment of the practices. They were both the best students in their speciality and Kyungsoo purposes a complicated piece. It was going to be very hard, but giving up was not in their plans.

They finished very tired and later than they thought. Jongin was lightly mad because of the intrusion, but Kyungsoo was delighted with the ideas and initiative of the man and he thought it would be better for their presentation.

They walked silently, hardly interrupted by non-relevant comments. Jongin was anxious while Kyungsoo was nervous. No one was able to start or keep a normal conversation. When they got to the bus stop, they didn't wait and Jongin was able to make the first physical contact by touching his back with his right hand, when they got in the bus.

They went to the last sits, apart the rest of the people. In a quick move, Jongin helped Kyungsoo with all his things, fortunately he was not taking the huge cello with him and their backpacks were hiding their hands, strongly held during the whole way.

* *

Their relationship started in a weird way. Without noticing it, both began to show they affection with acts more than with words, and they simply end un being a couple with no talks and being together all the time. They were comfortable in that way. Their schools were different, but they were linked by music, and their constant rehearsals made them extremely close. They started to visit their houses and schools, they also started to hang out and do typical young people-style things.