Chapter 32: Because... maybe it's the last time

Because... maybe it's the last time

-A talk? Are you going to offer us something to eat? Don't be ridiculous, Baekhyun! We just have one of the most terrible and scaring moments since we're here! We could have died! And you want us to talk with "someone" and have a "group talk"? I want explanations now!- Kris exclaims really upset.

-Couples need to talk! There's not enough time!- Baekhyun insists, but the scary look of the tallest man stops his bravery.

-If time is so short, and you are so worried about the couples' situation, you should stop complaining and start explaining what the hell is going on here.

Baekhyun hates the attention he's receiving right now. All the eyes are over him, and they look anxious, scared, and even mad. They want answers and he's pretty sure that the ones he has are not the ones they are expecting, but they are the only ones he has.

-Ok. There was a time when we were escaping from the labyrinth and everything turned black. When I woke up, I thought we were all trapped again, and we were back to the beginning. But, it was then when I realized that I was nowhere close to previous places. It was an empty room, four walls and no doors. There was a screen and it turned on, but I couldn't see anything.- Baek closed his eyes and shook his head, as if it was a terrible memory. -A voice made me several questions as my name, my age, and if I had any idea of where was I. I simply said the truth. After that, they star asking me who were my closest friends in the group, and then I started to reject answering, I was scared that they were willing of hurting them. Then, they asked me if I was close to Kyungsoo, but I didn't say a word.

-They asked about Kyungsoo?- Jongin seemed worried about that, but Baek smiled, as trying to calm him.

-Yes, they did. But then... they told me that if I was in charge of trapping you again they will give me my freedom... I could't say no, so I risked everything and I accept it. I tried not to show my true intentions, and I wanted to look as a opportunist traitor. In that way, they'll trust me and I could help you too. I was scared of rejecting it and...- The black haired boy remains silence, and he looks as if he was trying to choose the right words to say.

-You were afraid of them choosing someone that was able to really betray us, right?

The words of the always honest Jongin made Baekhyun blush. Even if it was exactly what he thought, it was horrible to say it in that way, hurting some susceptibilities.

-The thing is that when I trapped you, they told me which one of the labyrinth's exits was going to open, and I would be able to scape.

-That means that... we never left the labyrinth?- asked Suho indignant.

-We never did, but after finding it out, I did what they told me and go back to taking you from the prison. I have the hope that we can still do it... so.. before leaving this place, I think we should talk.. and reach and agreement... so we can communicate when we go back to reality. Kyungsoo. Don't you think if it would be wonderful if the couples would have the last chance to have their own privacy?- Baekhyun asks softly, making sure that no one else is going to listen.

-What do you mean?

- Would you like to be alone with Jongin... just for a while? It will be until it's time.

-It would be wonderful... perfect...

-So, we are lucky, because I know a place where you can go with him.

***

-Well, I'm all ears, Baekhyun. Why am I thinking that the information that you're giving us is not complete?- Chanyeol crosses his arms and waits for an answer, because he knows there must be an answer. But he wasn't expecting that Baekhyun throw himself over him, shutting him up in that way.