Chapter 29: The real meaning of pain

The real meaning of pain

Kyungsoo looks around, trying to find any kind of help, that was impossible to get. The situation was as scary as absurd. They were taking Jongin away, and he can't do nothing about it, just screaming and try to catch them, but there's no chance. Everything is difficult, because each time he moves, its more and more painful.

Impotence, anger, fear, desperation.

What to do in a moment like this? He was no more strength left, and he's not the only one. He's able to see Baekhyun and his eyes locked to Chanyeol's unconscious body, the black haired can't touch him and, the saddest thing of all, he can't help them either. After that, he's able to see Suho and Sehun looking for their partners while screaming and sobbing, because they're not in the room. But there is something that Kyungsoo can feel among all the sensations and for those persons in white clothes and red masks, probably they are controlling all of the situation, and he can't help but feel hate. A strong hate against his captors: the causers of such a huge pain.

He has the terrible feeling that he has lived this before, and it's maddening. His friends have talked about it, and there was a chance that he can't remember the time when he was kidnaped, and that's why it was so familiar, but he doesn't know why.

One more try, he tries to get closer with his arm while looking to the blond boy. He swears that, for a second, his eyes are able to open. His expression is heartbreaking, sweating, crying and hardly breathing. As if he were trying to explain something that is not able to say.

And, in that moment, everything turns black, as if it wasn't real. As if he was in a deep dream, where Kyungsoo is not able to be the owner of his actions, and a strange force takes him slowly. He can feel disappearing, his eyes heavy and clouded, his head hurts. It hurts a lot.

***

Air

First, it's just a little bit, and then its a lot of air inside his lugs. Jongin breaths as much as he can, with his mouth wide open, making a soft sound while stirring on the stretcher. In that moment he realized he was tied, so, his breathing becomes even more irregular and the only strength he still has is used for trying to escape, even if he knows it's useless.

It's too difficult to move or try to think about all the things injected to him, stick to his body, and how it hurts. He knows he's not the only one, maybe his friends are suffering more than himself.

He feels sick, the entire environment is sick. Things aren't clear and colors change with no reason. The people around him look unreal, and there is not enough light, just some light rays in specific zones.

Jongin is not even capable of complaining, when he feels more punctures through his skin, Strange and dense liquids get into his body, and he's forced to see, as a silent witness, how it happens without the chances of reacting.

And he falls sleep again, because there's nothing else to do. His body is tired, and even awaken his eyes close. He was sure it was because all the things they were injecting him. He would like to curse, scream, fight with all his strength. But this is a war of will and mental power, not physical forces, and that's how he ends up deciding to think and not attack. Jongin knows that he must be smarter than them, because that's the key to be free of this terrible labyrinth.

He's almost falling sleep, but a soft whisper calls his attention. For a second, he thinks his mind is playing with him, but the whisper doesn't stop, and he believes he's able to recognize the owner of the voice. While he's thinking about it, tiredness and pain win the battle and he falls deeply sleep.

It felt like a second for Jongin, when he opened his eyes again and tries to recover consciousness. His senses comeback slowly, and it takes several minutes to feel complete again, to listen and see. He opened and closed his eyes several times for his sight to stop being cloudy. It was horrible that the first clear image he had was a thin and destroyed Sehun against a huge window of the room.