Chapter 31: Betrayal

Betrayal

There were eleven of them looking for Baekhyun. They were all worried, but nothing could be compared to Chanyeol's desperation in that moment. When they finally escaped, when everything seemed to be fine, when he had the minimal hope of being with him in real life, everything disappeared, was lost and destroyed. Because Baekhyun was always afraid of the end. Maybe, he always knew that something like that could happen, and that's why he wasted so many time trying to avoid him.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, was so optimistic. He didn't want to think that they have lost such and important person, a beloved friend like Baek. Apart from Jongin, he was one of his closest friends, and he was not going to give up. He would never leave him behind.

-What's exactly this place?- asks Suho, sit next to a big group. - Here, powers are easier to use and handle... as if we were not controlled anymore.

-If we are not in the labyrinth,... where are we?- Kris wanted to know, and he is not happy at all.

-That's a good question... I have no idea how much time has passed since we're here, but it's enough to make me impatient. All this Baek and labyrinth situation is freaking me out. - Says Chen, talking seriously for the first time.

-There he is! Baek!- Tao yells, and everybody turns around to look where he's pointing. -It's him!

On the top of the room, far away from them, a kind of balcony appeared. It was not there the day before, nor minutes ago. Baek is sit in the middle of a big table, surrounded by chairs and decorations, all in white. He's higher than them, and he's completely clean. They are all impressed. How he get there? What's he doing? Why does he has that expression?

And it doesn't matter how much they tried to get his attention, the boy with the black hair doesn't give them a look. He stands up, and close his eyes, moving his head as if he was tired.

They try to use their powers, but not even Kai can get closer or get into the balcony where Baekhyun is. The only one who does nothing to call him is Chanyeol, he's waiting for his boyfriend to do something, he only wants Baekhyun to recognize him.

But Baekhyun moves his head to the left and smiles, without looking to anyone, as if he was indicating someone to do something. Then, the sudden noise of doors opening surprises the boys.

Literally, an army of people, with a robot-like looks, dressed all in black and, once again with masks, start to get into the room, ready to attack.

The first reaction that they have is not so clever, they separate and start to scream meaningless things, trying to to be trapped by the scary black masked men. Suho finds Baek's eyes and looks at him with resentment. Is he controlling them? Or maybe is just another robot, guided by someone more strong and powerful.

-Baekhyun! Help us!- Kyungsoo cries, with the hope of making him understand, but he's not listening.

-It's not funny!- Jongin screams, but he's ignored too.

-Traitor- Tao whispers. -Traitor!- shouts this time and he's trapped by one of the guys in black. Kris and Sehun tried to help him, but they get hurt.

They bleed, they are hit, and they are dragged and forced to attack to avoid being submitted. But there are a lot of them and they need to scape without being too hurt.

-Traitor!- Tao insists. Even when Kris and him were not so close with the rest of them, in the labyrinth they felt as a family, it was hard to think that someone like Baek has betrayed them.

-No, no, no... he would never do something like that. - Chanyeol whispers for himself. He doesn't want to accept or deal with the chance that Baekhyun could do something like that. That was not his Baek, he would never do it... never.