sixteen

Chapter Sixteen
Bailey

I finally got over that stupid Tweet, taking a seat next to my not-so boyfriend.

"Grayson." I shake him.

He told over, blinking his eyes. "Hey." He smiles. "What's up?"

"I wanted to see you, Ethan let me in."

He scoots over and lifts the blanket. I roll under and press my back to his chest. He drops his arm around my waist, nuzzling his head into my neck.

I lay there, just thinking about my family.

An hour before

I wake up to my phone ringing. I pick it up, not bothering to look at the caller ID. I click answer and press the iPhone 6s+ to my ear. "Hello?"

"How come you haven't bothered to call?" Her voice fills my ears. "I oughta come there and teach you a lesson."

"M-mom-"

"You're sixteen years old. I didn't have to sign those papers. I would like a phone call once in a while."

"Mom I-I'm sorry."

"You should be."

I close my eyes, keeping the tears in.

"Man up, don't cry. You whine too much. I bet no one loves you there. Did Arianna leave you yet? I wouldn't be surprised."

Tears roll down my cheeks. "N-no. And I-I found a boyfriend."

"He's going to leave you. He doesn't like you. You don't deserve to be happy."

I sniffle.

"Oh dear lord, you're a bitch." The line goes dead after that.

I begin to shake and sob. "I-I need Grayson."

Now

I'm nearly on the verge of crying. He's going to leave you. He doesn't like you. You don't deserve to be happy.

"Bailey?"

I sob uncontrollably at the sound of his voice. He shifts, and I cover my face. Grayson pulls me in to a hug and I just cry.

"It's okay, I'm right here."

"Do you-you promise?"

"I won't leave you, I promise."

AN: so I messed up I'll post the next chapter bc y'all already read this