twenty-one

Chaoter Twenty-One
Bailey

I look around the airport in New York City. "Bailey!" Janice, my aunt, says excitedly.

"Hi Aunty." I kiss her cheek. She smiles, hugging me.

"I missed you, baby girl."

"What's the chances of seeing mom?"

"Slim to none, Buffalo had another Snovember." She smiles. "She won't hurt you."

"Thank you." I mouth, and we go to baggage claim. We collect my suitcase when it comes around.

My phone rings. I check it. Grayson😩💔

I frown, staring down at it. I sigh, locking my phone and shoving it into my pocket. "Where to first?"

"My house, so you can unpack and get some rest."

"Okay." I smile and we head to her home.

Once we arrive, I place my suitcase down and look around. The familiar scent of vanilla fills my nostrils. I smile, taking it all in. "I missed you all so much."

"BAILEY?" Blake calls.

Blake is my older brother. Tears fill my eyes and I drop my carryon, running over to him. We hug and I cry into his shoulder. "I-I missed you!"

"I missed you too!"

I sob into his shoulder. Happy tears.

Grayson

I'm crying again. She rejected my call.

What did I do? Why couldn't I just let that thing slide?

"Grayson, dude, shut up." Ethan groans. "She'll be back."

AN: just imagine how hot this Ethan might be

"Call her! I need to talk to her."

He sighs and does so. "Hey Bailey! Yeah, so, I have a question." Eth shoves the phone at me.

"Bailey, p-please answer me."

She doesn't reply.

"I-I'm so sorry, please come back. I'm sorry I made you leave."

"I can't come back. I just got home."

"Bailey-"

"I'll be back soon, but not for a few weeks. Goodbye Grayson." The line goes dead. I bite my lower lip, sucking in sobs. I hand him the phone, hug my knees to my chest, and just whimper.