eighty-six

Two months had passed, and Bailey never forgave Grayson. Grayson asked Bailey to meet him at the cafe where they met. She agreed, this would most likely be the last time they see each other face to face.

"Hi Bailey." Grayson says softly.

Bailey rises from her seat. "Hello Grayson."

He looks away awkwardly. More than awkwardly, sad, hurt, broken. Nothing has felt right without Bailey by his side. He's never cried as much as he does. He doesn't really go out much. He doesn't dress up. He barely eats. He misses her so much.

Bailey looks at his sad eyes, her heart breaking all over again. She loves him, she wants him, she needs him. But it just doesn't feel right to take him back. How many more times did Grayson need to say that he doesn't trust her for her to understand it? She misses him so much.

"Grayson." Bailey says softly.

"Yes?" Grayson looks up.

"I still love you."

"Baby girl, I never stopped."

Tears roll down both of their cheeks, just staring at each other. Heart broken, sad, hurt, painful. They want nothing more than each other.

At the same time they go in for a hug. "I could-I could tell you how sorry I am, but I know it doesn't mean anything now." Grayson sobs. "If it meant anything to begin with."

Bailey sobs too. "I miss you so fucking much, Grayson. You were my best friend, you were the greatest guy I'd ever been with. You were so fucking amazing. I love you."

After their moment is up, they both sit there awkwardly. The truth was out, they still wanted each other. But it wasn't easy to get over a relationship like their's.

"Usual?" Grayson asks.

"Yeah." Bailey says, wiping her cheeks. "Thanks."

Grayson walks away while Bailey plays with her fingers.

I miss him so much, she thinks to herself, why did I have to leave him like that? But she knew she couldn't bring herself to asking him back out. Asking him for a second chance. He probably doesn't want me anyway. Bailey frowns. I love him.

Grayson is standing in line when he receives a text.

Ethan
How's it going?

Grayson
Idk, she said she misses and still loves me

Ethan
That's good, maybe you should try making the first move

Grayson
I'm scared...

It's true, Grayson was scared. He knew she'd never take him back, he messed up big time. There was no more room for second chances.

Ethan
Trust me, bro, just do it

Maybe I should trust my brother, Grayson thinks to himself. Grayson takes a chance at glancing over to Bailey. She's already looking at him.

He can't help himself now.

Grayson walks over to Bailey, determined to get her back. Bailey stands up, as if she knows what's about to happen.

"Bailey I-"

She makes the first move.