bonus chapter

year: 2025
month: july
day: 12

Grayson

I roll the engagement ring between my index finger and thumb, doubting myself a little.

"She's gonna say yes, man."

"Yeah..." But what if she doesn't?

"Hey boys." Bailey says.

I jump, shoving the ring into my pocket. "H-hey Bailey." I laugh nervously.

She looks at me weird, pulling up a chair next to mine. "You're acting weird." Bai pecks my lips.

I smile. "I am weird."

"My lil weirdo." We kiss shortly.

"Get a room." Ethan snorts.

"You're just mad your fiancé is at her job." Bailey winks. "And plus, the living room is a room, but you just happen to be in the same room as us."

Ethan side smiles.

"Uh, Bailey?"

"Yeah?"

"Do me a quick favor?"

"Sure."

"Get up please?"

Bailey stands up in front of me. I stand up to. "Why?"

"So, hah," I glance down at the ring. "I know you didn't want anything big or special. We talked about it all the time. How you wanted a ring pop instead of an engagement ring-"

"Oh my gosh, Grayson..."

"-so that's what I'm doing. Well, more like I bought a cheep engagement ring-which I figured you'd still love. I want what you want, and if you wanted to keep this quiet, and cheap then I respect that. Anyway, Bailey Noelle Miller, you and I have been together almost ten years. And all I know is how much I love you. I still remember how at the beginning you loved my brother and despised me. I remember how you used to trash talk me all the time. But I still fell for you, and you fell for me. I'm so glad to call you my girlfriend, but I want to be able to call you my wife. I want to call you my queen. I want to call you my baby momma. I want to be with you forever, Bailey Miller. I don't want you to ever find anyone else. You're my sun, my moon, my stars, and all of my planets. You're my sweet poems, and melodic songs. You're laugh is music to my ears, your smile is the light at the end of the tunnel, you eyes are the stars at night, and your lips get me high. I love you to death, Bailey. I know I've screwed up a bunch, but I know for sure how I feel about you. This means I love you. So," I get down on one knee, and by now Bailey is in tears. "Bailey Noelle Miller, will you do the honor of making me the snappiest man on Earth? Will you let me call you my queen? Will you let me call you my wife? Will you be mine, and only mine, until the end of time? Bailey Noelle Miller, will you be my Bailey Noelle Dolan? Will you marry me?"

Tears pour from Bailey's eyes. Her hand is covering her mouth, muffling her sobs. She nods. I slip the ring on her finger, jump up while wrapping my arms around her waist to pick her up. I spin around, and our families applaud us.

"Grayson, I love you." Bailey says, cupping my face and kissing me after I put her down.

"I muv yew mo." I say i to the kiss, causing her to laugh.