eighty-nine

Grayson

"Move back in?" I ask nervously.

"I-" Bailey sighs. "Grayson, look. I know we've been together again for a month, but I think maybe we should both grow up more before we get so serious again. I think that's where we went wrong. Neither of us were ready for the big steps we took. So, Grayson, please. Can we just retry? I don't want to continue where we left off. I want to go back to when we started dating."

I smile. "Yeah, I'd like that."

"Great." Bailed smiles.

"Well, are you going to stay with Meredith then?" I ask, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Grayson, we talked about this when we started dating again a month ago."

"I know, we can have all the friends in the world, I know." I huff.

"Grayson..."

"I know." I sigh, running my hand through my hair. It needs to be cut again. Like for real, it's too long and ugh. I just never saw the need to go outside when Bailey and I broke up.

It hurt...like hell. For real, I was a wreck. I barely ate, I barely sleep. I didn't go out much, but when I did, I never really cared much for the fans. The days seemed longer, the hours dragged on, the world just felt like a boring place. And I hated it, every minute of it.

I loved her, and I lost her. And now that I have her, I never want to lose her again.