thirty-four

Grayson

"Have fun!" Mom smiles.

I take Bailey's hand. Ethan takes Ari's. We both walk in, showing our invitations.

"Welcome to The BallRoom." A man in a tux smiles. "Please, walk down that hallway and enter those two doors."

"Thank you." We smile and walk down the corridor.

I open the door for the four of us. Bailey walks in first, then Ethan and Ari, and finally me. Bailey was waiting for me.

We link arms and walk into the magnificent ballroom. A slow song is playing. It's so...winter-y. It's gorgeous.

I take Bailey's hand, pulling her into the crowd. I take her left hand, placing my left hand on her waist. We dance around the room together in perfect sync.

"I didn't know you could dance." Bailey giggles as I spin her around.

"Oh yeah, hidden talent babe." I dip her, smiling.

She smiles back, and as the song ends, I slowly lean down.

And then she slips and falls. Everyone stares. Bailey blushes a dark crimson red. "Oh, sorry babe." I help her up.

Bailey and I go to the drink bar. We each get fruit punch, sipping it.

We dance for a few more hours, and then we have to switch partners. Naturally, Ethan takes Bailey and I take Arianna.

Ethan

I dance around with Bailey. "You are also a good dance." Bailey smiles.

"Thank you." I smile back. I spin her around, and we continue to step around.

Her eyes twinkle as glitter falls from the ceiling. She tilts her head back. "It looks like snow flakes. It's so beautiful."

I stare at her with a smile. Grayson suddenly has his lips pressed to her's. I walk over to Ari. She's spinning around. "This is almost as beautiful as you."

She blushes. "You're such a flirt."

AN: sorry never been to a ball 😬