seventeen

Chapter Seventeen
Grayson

I'm at the store, buying things for Bailey and I's first date. I buy a green salad makings, peaches, grapes, bamanas, blueberries, carrots, snap peas, califlower, lemonade, tea, guacamole, tortilla chips, pre-sliced watermelon, crackers, cheese, chocolate bars, skittles (her favorite), hummus, chicken, noodles, and Alfredo sauce.

I grab a whisker picnic basket, a soft blanket, candles, a lighter, and different kinds of flowers. I take everything to the front and checkout.

"$108.47." The teenage girl says. "You're hot."

I pay her a one hundred and a ten. "Thanks. Keep the change." I shrug, taking everything and placing it into the cart.

She hands me a receipt, and I walk off.

I shove the receipt into my back pocket, loading the car. I put the cart away and drive to an abandoned railroad. After parking, I climb out and set everything up.

First, I put down the blanket. Then, I pull the flower petals off and toss them down around the blanket I set up four candles, one on each side of the blanket. I light all of them and set up the picnic basket.

I call Ethan.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Hey, I need you to come watch the stuff like we planned."

"On my way."

Ethan arrives ten minutes later with Arianna. "I'll be back soon." I say, rushing off with the need-to-be-cooked food.

I boil the chicken and noodles on separate pots. Then, cook the chicken in the oven. Once cooked and once the noodles are boiled, I pour the Alfredo sauce on top, mixing it together, and placing it in a bowl. I quickly drive back there. "Thank you."

"No problem, this looks good." Ethan smiles, glancing around.

"I hope she likes it." I rub my neck.

"She'll love it. She hates fancy dates." Ari reassures me.

"Okay." I sign in relief.

They leave. I text Bailey to come meet me here, finish setting up the food, and then hide in the only cart here.

About twenty minutes later, she pulls up. "Hello?" Bai walks over. "Grayson?"

She freezes, staring at the food in shock. I climb out. "What do you think?"

"D-did you do this for us?"

"No, I did it for you."

"Awe! I love it!" She throws her arms around my neck and kisses me. "You're the best."

"Let's eat, then a little exploring, and finally we head home."

Bailey nods, pecking my lips.

We both sit down and eat.

AN: thanks for 1K views!