twenty-four

Chapter Twenty-Four
Grayson

It's the day after Thanksgiving. I'm packing my suitcase because I'm going to surprise Bailey.

Grayson: Hey where do you live??

Bailey👑: NYC

Grayson: Okay

Bailey👑: Why?

Grayson: Jw
Grayson: See you soon xx

Bailey👑: What????

I lock my phone and check my ticket. I run downstairs. "Thank you for doing this, Ethan."

"Hey, anything to get your girl back, man." He drops me off at the airport. I walk to baggage claim and drop my suitcase down. After going through the process, I walk to security.

Then, I board the airplane.

Skip flight

I claim my suitcase and walk out, calling Bailey.

"Hello?"

"What's your address?"

"23 11th street, why? What's going on?"

I hang up, getting in my uber and having him drive me to her house. I climb out and knock on the door.

An older woman opens the door. "Hello?"

"Hi, I'm Grayson Dolan, I'm friends with Bailey."

She looks at my suitcase. "Are you staying?"

"No ma'am, I was going to stay in a hotel. I just wanted to see my Bailey first."

My Bailey. Mine. A promise I made to her, a promise I broke. But never again.

"Nonsense, you come in and stay. Third room on the right, right up those stairs."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Now go, I'll make supper."

"Oh, thank you."

She nods and scurries off.

I walk upstairs, knocking on the door to the room she told me.

The door swings open. I smile brightly. "Hi!"

"Grayson!" She hugs me.

I laugh, hugging her back. "Baby, I am so so so sorry. I shouldn't have overreacted like that. I missed you so much. I-I need you."

"I need you too."

I kiss her softly. She smiles and kisses me back. "I love you."

Her smile fades. "Grayson, it's too-"

"It's okay. You don't have to say it back. But I know I love you. I've always known." I kiss her cheek.

"Come meet my family!" She takes my suitcase and throws them into the room, grabs my hand, and drags me downstairs.

"Uncle Glenn!"

"Yes?" A man with a thick New York accent says, rounding the corner. "Oh my gosh. Are you Grayson?"

"Yes, sir, I am."

He shakes my hand. "I'm Glenn, it's nice to meet you. Victor! Denice!"

Two kids that look my age come around the corner. "Yes dad?"

Glenn looks at Bailey.

"This is my boyfriend, Grayson. Gray, these are my cousins, Vic and Icy."

"Icy, nice. I like that."

"Thank you, she made it up. It's stupid."

"I like it." Bailey and I say.

We all laugh. I throw my arm around Bailey's shoulders, kissing her cheek.

"Awe." Denice coos.

I smile at Bai. Resting my head against hers.

She introduces me to the rest of her family and then we eat dinner.