thirty-two

Chapter Thirty-Two
Bailey

We landed just a minute ago.

We're walking to baggage claim.

His mother is there.

Fu👑!

"What if she doesn't like me? What if she thinks I'm annoying? Or what if she doesn't think I'm right for you? Or what if-"

Grayson smiles at me. "Shut up, Bailey. She'll love you."

I take a deep breath. "I'm freaking out."

He smiles, looking ahead. "Mom!"

I freeze in my spot.

"Grayson!" His mom hugs him.

I bite my lower lip, slowly dragging my body over to her.

She looks at me. "Hello!"

"H-hi."

"I'm Lisa, I'm their mother. It's so good to finally meet Grayson's girlfriend. You're all he talks about!"

I blush, looking down.

"You look cute." She smiles. "Now, let's get your luggage and head to the house, yeah?"

We do so, and once we arrive, she informs us that we're sharing Grayson's room. So, Grayson and I head to his room and unpack.

"You can use the right half of the closet, I'll use the left. Deal?"

I nod.

We start unpacking.

"Still nervous?"

I nod again.

Grayson side hugs me. "It's okay baby, okay?"

I nod a third time.

"Hey," He slides his index and middle fingers under my chin, making me look at him. "it's okay. She loves you. You're a great person. And if she doesn't like you, love you and I'm not going anywhere."

"Grayson! Bailey!" Ethan and Ari call. They run in and we all hug.

"I missed you!" I say to Ari.

"I missed you too! We have so many presents for you!"

"Same!"

"Finish unpacking and meet us downstairs, mom said." Ethan says.

"Sure." Gray replies.

They walk out. About ten minutes later, we're in a circle in the living room.

"This is for you." Lisa hands Grayson a box. "And this is for you." She hands me a box.

My jaw drops and eyes widen. "Uh...ma'am, I...I-no. No thank you. I can't take this." I hand it back.

"Oh nonsense. Open it."

"B-but ma'am-"

"It's nothing, really."

I open it, and pull out the pair of expensive shoes and a dress I wanted. I gasp, pulling the dress out first. "Wh-what's this for?"

"Mom?" Grayson pulls out a dark blue bow tie

We look at each other, then at Lisa.

"There's a ball this weekend, and you're both going. Along with these two."

"I'm so sorry, but this costs way too much, I c-can't accept this."

"Oh but you must, you're already signed up for the ball, and no refunds for the dress, and that won't fit me-nor would I wear."

I'm in tears. "I-it's beautiful."

"Sorry mom, she's emotional."

I nod really fast. "I am." I sob harder. Grayson laughs at me, throwing his arm around me and pulling me closer. "Th-thank you Lisa, thank you so much."

"You're welcome sweet heart. You four have two and a half hours to get ready for the ball."

Us girls jump up. "Let's go!"

I take the box. "Thank you again!"

"She needs at least four hours to get ready." Grayson rolls his eyes.

I smack him in the back of the head.

"Ow!"

"Meany." I run off.

Ethan, Cameron, and Lisa laugh.