Chapter:1

"Come on Rusty let's go get you a collar." I called to my dog. He bound out the door and into the cab of my black Ford lariat. I got in and drove to the feed store I knew I saw coming into town.

When I got there I put a horse lead on my dog and led him inside. They allowed dogs here but no other animals inside. I looked around the store. Up on the bulletin board was job offers. One caught my eye perfectly. It said HELP WANTED in giant lettering.

I read below it. Ranch hand willing to fix engines on tractors and trucks. Can lift heavy items and ride a horse. I took a picture of the sign and got my dog his collar. I paid for it and a bag of dog food.

The food was set in the back while I put the collar on Rusty. "Let's get home." I closed the passenger door and got in.

Bucky's POV
I sat in the office listening to my mom who is on the phone with my youngest brother Zach. I sent him to get feed for the cattle and horses and he's talking to mom about someone who took a picture of the wanted poster.

"Well she's probably married to a guy that can work under those standards." Mom said through the phone. I rolled my eyes and went outside where Colt was trying to fix the tractor.

"Zach spotted someone who was looking at the poster." I told him. "I'll be glad when we do find someone who can work here while I'm gone. Hedli and the kids are going with me on the road this year then are going to stay home." Colt told me.

"Life of a rodeo freak." I mumbled. "Might wanna watch that mouth of yours bro or else you won't have any teeth left."

Ali's POV
I was staring at my phone and the picture on it. I had written the number down before this little stare off. Rusty barked at me. "Ok I'm going to call!" I picked up my phone and opened the key pad.

I again got nervous and put my phone down. I walked into the living room and laid on the floor. Rusty brought my phone to me. "The notepad?" He jogged off and came back with it.

I dialed the number after Rusty barked at me again to call.

"Triple R Ranch I'm Maggie how may I help you?"
"Um I saw the poster in the feed store today and would like to apply for the job?" I told the lady on the phone.
"You?"
"Yes ma'am."
"What exactly can you do?"
"I can repair engines, fence, work cattle, and any cleaning job outside."
"Can you lift one fifty pound hay bales?"
"I've done that when I was in high school. I can carry two to three hundred pound calves."
"Why don't you come by tomorrow and we'll talk some more about it."
"Ok what time?"
"Sometime after eight thirty and before noon. What will you be driving?"
"A black ford lariat."
"Alright I'll see you tomorrow."
"See you."

Ok I've got an interview tomorrow. I got a quick shower and ate supper. I went to bed and Rusty jumped up onto the bed with me. He laid by my feet. I fell asleep quickly.

I jumped out of bed when my alarm went off

I jumped out of bed when my alarm went off. I pulled on a pair of socks and jeans before pulling a tee shirt on. I let Rus out and ate a quick breakfast. The time was eight thirty.

I pulled my boots on and went out to my truck. "Stay here Rusty." I told my dog. He was barking wanting to come along. I got in and set the directions to the ranch.

I found it easily. The sign above the gates said Triple R Ranch. I pulled in and drove to the office. I passed a large two story house and a small barn before reaching the main barn.

There was no one around. I got out after cutting the engine and was greeted by an elderly lady. "Hi I'm Maggie." "Ali." I told her. She led me into the office to talk.

"Ok so if you would fill out this application. I'll call you within three days." She told me. I finished filling it out and handed it back. "Alright that should do it."

"Thank you. Can't wait to hear if I get it." I exited the office with her behind me. "Talk to you later Ali."

When I got home I let Rusty out. I played with him getting dirty and slobbery.

Buck's POV
I walked into the office finding my mom looking over an application. She had a scrunched up look on her face. "Buck I don't know if I can get any kind of records on this person." I looked at the name over her shoulder.

"No last name." "Exactly. How am I supposed to." I looked further down the paper. "The college could." I saw something in the notes. "Looks like you've got to look at the website she put in the notes. Says if your wanting to see any records on me look at this website and put in the two names given." I told my mom.

"Thank you for the help Buck." I nodded and left the office.

Ali's POV
Rusty ran when I threw the football for him. He caught it in the air and came back. I scratched his ears and we went inside. I stacked boxes up against a wall and left them unpacked.

I took a box out to my horse trailer and put it in. This is just stuff that needs to go to the attic but I don't want it up there.

A truck pulled up and two people got out. Rusty went to go see who it was. I closed the back of the trailer and latched it closed. "Are you Ali?"