Chapter:29

I found an injured calf and took it up to the barn. Its mother followed willingly. I put it in an empty stall and ran for the animal aid. Then ran back. Bucky was out of town for the week and it was just me.

I made the cow go out of the stall while I doctored it. She hated that. I quickly doctored it up and let the cow in. She jumped for me. I jumped out.

"Nice move." I turned and saw Sawyer coming down the isle. The twins aren't around and I really want to cuss him out. "You know it's trespassing when you show up unannounced." I told him.

He came right up to me and tried to touch me. "If you lay a hand on her I guarantee you will be unrecognizable." I turned around. Zach came into the barn. I took a step back.

He got in between me and Sawyer. "You better leave before I tell who was here and what that person tried to do to a certain someone." He said through gritted teeth. "You better let me talk to Ali or else you'll be the unrecognizable one." Sawyer threatened.

"Ali go into the office and stay there. Don't come out until I say so." I did just that. About thirty minutes later he came into the office. "He didn't touch you did he?" I shook my head after he checked my face.

"Buck would have killed me if something happened to you. Especially with him gone." I saw his knuckles. "Let me see those." I said.

He let me see his hands. I looked at his knuckles. I got up and got the first aid. Then sat back down. I cleaned them both up and bandaged them. "Buck's lucky to have a girl like you."

"Why do you say that?" I asked him. "I've never seen my brother happier or more proud of anything in his life. I can tell he enjoys being around you all the time. He even makes excuses just to see you."

I smiled. Bucky was the best. Even when his brother told me things about him. "Truth was, I was trying to make him jealous." "Why?" "Because I knew that if he didn't get to know you, you would have fell for Sawyer and he's a total a hole." He paused for a moment.

"Here on the ranch if you work for us or even are nice to us and help us out your considered family no matter who you are related to or where you come from." I finished the last hand.

"There. Make sure to check on it before getting a shower tonight. If it looks infected clean it with peroxide after you get a shower then wrap it up for the night." I told him. "Thanks." "No problem."

All Zach wanted was to be noticed. He's the youngest of the three brothers and wants someone to pay attention to him. I think I can put in a good word with Bucky about what happened today.

I checked on the calf's leg and made sure it wasn't getting infected

I checked on the calf's leg and made sure it wasn't getting infected. Four days have past since the incident. Hedli told Colt about it. Maggie and Joseph heard it from me then thanked Zach for being there when he was.

Bucky hasn't heard a word about it at all and he's supposed to arrive today. That familiar sound of his truck roared outside the barn. I jumped up and quickly closed the stall door.

Then ran out to greet him. "My Angel. It's been too long." He said as I jumped into his arms. He kissed my temple then cheek. "How was the ranch while I was gone?" He asked.

"Why don't you ask your brother. He's been putting effort into the ranch since you left." He looked at me curiously. "Did something happen while I was gone?" He asked.

"An injured calf, and the rest Zach dealt with." I told him. "There is more than what you're saying." I kissed him. "So glad your back." I said. "Me too." And he drops the matter! Hint the sarcasm.

He set me down and we walked into the office. Maggie, Zach, and Joseph were sitting in the office. Zach looked scared. "So what happened while I was away?" He asked sitting down in a chair.

I sat on his lap knowing he wanted me there. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck. "Zach?"

"Sawyer came while you were gone." "What did he want?" "Same as when he talked to you at the picnic." Zach told him. "I warned him to leave but he denied leaving. Then I told Ali to go into the office. I doubt that he's going to be coming back anytime soon."

Bucky shook his head. "So you mean to tell me that Sawyer came here and tried to get Ali?" He asked harshly. "Buck he stood in front of me protecting me from him. He came into the office after half an hour with bloody knuckles." I whispered in his ear.

He blew air out of his nose. "What was your warning?" He asked Zach. "That he'd leave here unrecognizable." Bucky's grip on me tightened. "Buck can we go over to your house and do something?" I asked him in a low voice trying to take some of the tension away.

He nodded and I took him out of the office. "Wish it was me to do that." He said once the door was closed. "Buck he thought Zach wouldn't interfere. That's why he did it. Now that he knows Zach would do the same thing you or Colt would have he's going to leave us alone."

"Still I wish it was me that pounded Edwards face in." I stopped him and stood in front of him. "Buck your brother looks up to you. He did that because he knew it would have ended badly on his note. He knew that it would have been his fault if something bad was to have happened to me while you were gone.

"He's capable of taking care of his family. He's willing to do anything just to get on your good side."

Ok so I had a contest on an engagement ring

Ok so I had a contest on an engagement ring. The people that participated were:
hoofprintson02
Horses113
And
Gymnasticsisbae
Thank you for your entries! All the rings were so gorgeous it was hard to pick, but I got Bucky's opinion on them and he decided that this ring was perfect for Ali.

Thank you Horses113

Thank you Horses113

I will have a wedding dress Contest coming up so one of you may win that!