Chapter 5

This chapter is dedicated to hajjoabukur Ha_nee_fa bilkysu and hassana123 for being the first to vote on this new version.

Adnan's POV

I parked my car as I let out a yawn. I was so exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep. After the event, my mum asked me to drop off her friend at her house and it was very far. I was going out when my eye caught an object sitting on the floor of my car. It was a pink phone.

I reached and picked it up but I didn't recognize it. It probably belonged to one of the people I picked in my car. I got out and closed the door and just then the phone rang. I decided to pick it, it was probably the owner calling.

"Hello."

"Hello..what?!" A guy's voice came. "Who the hell is this!"

"I saw.." I tried to explain and the call got disconnected, I stared at the screen in confusion and just then the front door open and Amrah came out, she asked if I had seen a phone, turns out the phone was hers.

I explained to her that someone called and I saw her expression change, she had a panicked look. I didn't understand why though. Her phone rang again and she moved away to answer.

I started to hear her talk but I couldn't figure out what she was saying and then I started to sobs. Knowing I won't get any answers I went to check. She hurriedly cleans her face when she noticed me coming.

"Hey are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine, I just.." She answered as she sniffed adjusting her veil.

"Wait are you crying?" I asked trying to see her face, I was almost certain I saw tears. She looked away and said she wasn't and that something got into her eyes. I knew it was a lie, her voice and her eyes told me that she was definitely crying. But why?

I just let it go, she said goodnight and hurriedly went in. I watched as she hurriedly walked into the house trying to figure out why she was crying but I couldn't understand so I went in and straight to my room. Muhsin was already sleeping, so I changed my clothes and went to bed.

I closed my eyes but then I couldn't sleep, all the sleepiness from a few minutes ago had vanished. I couldn't stop thinking about her and what had just happened.

Why could she be crying?

I sighed as I turned around. I really don't understand why I felt some kind of way when I was around Amrah. A very different feeling, I found myself looking at her several times during the event, she looked so incredibly beautiful. I couldn't stop staring at her and in the car I kept looking at her with the corner of my eyes. I wanted to tell her how beautiful she looked but I didn't.

**

I said the salam as I entered my mum's room. I haven't seen her since yesterday morning, she has been too busy with the guests and all.

I saw her and two girls surrounding someone, I could hear silent sobs coming from the person.

"Waalaikum salam, Adnan it's good you came, I was about to send for you." Mummy replied as she turned to me. I was then able to see who the person was.