Chapter 32

Adnan's POV
Going back few weeks ago.

I tapped my fingers impatiently against the steering wheel as I waited for the gate to be opened. My stomach grumbled. The last meal I had was the French toast I had this morning when I left home.

The gate was opened and I drove in with barely any energy left in my body. I am so exhausted from all the day's activities. It's been a hectic week for me as it's about a week to my best friend and my cousins wedding. We have been busy trying to sort things out especially with the house they will be living in and as his best man i was helping with everything.

I have known muhsin my whole life since I was born as my dad and his mum are siblings. We spent all our childhood and teenage years together. He knows me the best out of all my friends and I know him just as well.

A few months ago he told me about Fatima and how he wanted to marry her. I didn't take him seriously because it was not the first time or second time he had found 'the one'. I stopped taking him serious after girl number three, I thought surely she'll just be another person on the list but he proved me absolutely wrong. I couldn't he happier for him, he found his perfect match. Fatima is an absolute gem and I am so happy for him.

He is honestly the best friend a person could wish for. He has a heart of gold and he wears his heart in his sleeve. That is why he always fell in love easily. He was always in relationships. He even used to try to make me talk to date some girls but I just wasn't very interested to ever take anything serious. It felt like none of the girls I was introduced to were for me and I didn't want to waste their time or mine.

Until I met her. It felt like she was the person I've been waiting for my entire life. Everything just clicked in that one moment. I felt like I knew her almost instantly. I felt like I found my soulmate.

I see her smile and my heart jumps for joy, speaking to her makes me feel like a kid in a candy store.

I thought I had everything sorted out in my life and there was nothing missing but the moment she appeared I realized just how much was missing and just how much better life could be. Now all I want is to have her be mine forever. I pray for this every single day. As though she knew I was thinking about her, her call came through to my phone. I felt a smile creep up. My favorite thing to do every day is talk to her and hear about all the details of the day and tell her about mine.

I stayed in the car talking to her. I listened to her speak, the soft melody of her voice made me forget about all of the day's tiredness.

I walked into the house, I saw yusra sitting on the couch, she was leaning on the couch with her hand resting on her face, she seemed to be deep in thoughts that she didn't notice my presence. I walked up to her and tapped her to alert her and she got a bit frightened

She got startled a bit and then she noticed me and relaxed back to her previous position "Oh Adnan, I didn't hear you come in."

I sighed as I sat on the couch next to her with a tud. "What's up" I asked as I yawned from a mix of tiredness and hunger. "To what do we owe the pleasure of your visit this evening."

She scowled at me with her arms crossed across her chest. "Ah ah can't I come to my home without a reason? Okay I came to see my family, or are you chasing me away." She said with a pout.

"How dare I. I'm joking of course you're welcome anytime." I said with a chuckle as I relaxed back on the chair. "So what's up? How's life?"

She shook her head. "Don't ask bro. I could start crying right now. I'm so stressed out, school is after my life plus I have other responsibilities... I'm just hanging by a thread I swear."

I nodded in understanding because I know just how stressful the final year is. I reassured her and told her to be patient as it will soon be over.

"Anyways how is work, how is the relationship going?" She asked in a teasing voice suddenly becoming excited. I smiled at her sudden change of energy.